NV200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Nissan NV-200 van is 2 years old as of April 1, 2016. As of my last refueling stop, I have driven 19,254 miles and consumed 780.197 gallons of gasoline. My total cumulative mileage is 24.7 mpg and it continues to increase. A running average over my last 10 refuelings is 27.19 mpg which is more indicative of my current consumption.

I use Mobile 1 5W-30 synthetic oil exclusively and watch my tire pressure. Several of you have commented on poor tire performance. Mine seem to be OK. I’d estimate at least another 10,000 + miles on my tires.

I estimate 2/3 of my driving is open highway and 1/3 in the suburbs. I do very little stop and go driving in the city. I have had no failures or warranty work. I have only done routine maintenance except for replacing a broken tail light lens thanks to some unknown person.

My only negative comment is the powder coating on one of my wheels must be a bit thin. I’m seeing some surface rust on that wheel.

Grandpa
:smile: :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great follow up .. Thank you for the update are you in the EU or in the states
US of A, specifically the state of Louisiana. Coonass country. And no, that is not a slur, its a term of endearment for us so blessed.

Grandpa

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds good! I'm a little over 8K, fuel economy has been trending up a bit over the last 1,500 miles or so to just under 24mpg around town / some highway. If I do a longer mostly highway only run it'll break 24, sometimes close to 26 if I resist the urge to cruise @ 80+. Maybe the synthetic would make a small additional difference.

Can't comment on tire wear yet, they are definitely worn from new but whether they ultimately crap out at 15K or 30K is a question. Anything close to 30K I'd be happy with, 15 much less so...

No maintenance issues, 3 of the 4 tires were way out of balance at delivery which had to be addressed in the first 700 miles...

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have owned a 1.5 diesel 2011 model for the last 2 yrs,i regularly get 550 mls to app 47 ltrs of fuel.
no tyre wear probs as of yet

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is my 6 month update, Hope all this will help
I have 25,252 miles on the van ,, The oil is changed and the tires are rotated and balanced every 4,000 miles, I use the Wal-Mart 5/30 oil and a Bosch 3300 oil filter at a cost of 22.00 I changed the trans fluid at 12,000 miles ,, my pan holds 3.5 qts. of NV-3 oil from Nissan at a cost of 20.00 per qt. Don't over fill the trans. and only use their oil,
I had a miss at 25,000 so I replaced the spark plugs. I used the Denzo 3439 plug.. That is the OEM plug.. they cost 13.00 each ... what a difference.. I had a bad plug ..# 2 from the looks of the Intake manifold, and when I took the Platum off the head there was a lot of soot from unburned fuel, The plug replacement took about 90 min. If you need any info on that let me know. I get about 34.5 MPG and have no issues with van and we run it every day , Hope all this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine already 2.5 years.(30 months)
I have clocked about 73000 km.I had it new.

During this time my airconditioner blower has been changed twice and is scheduled to change again coming Monday , before my 3 years warranty run out.Nissan Authorised Dealers workshop .
It just fails but a strong tap on the blower itself (below the dashboard) will kick to life.

Battery usually last about ten months before van cannot start.I have already put in the 3rd battery. (2 plus the original)
Its European battery specially for diesel commercial van.Any suggestion for good lasting battery ?
I happily recall my original OPEL Combo battery lasted me 5 good years,GM brand.

Are you guys having the same problem ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts