NV200 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went through a big puddle today at the beach and she almost died ...

Got it back to house running normal as usual . Started this AM and she’s sputtering and traction control light comes on and limp mode along with check engine ...

What did I get wet ! It was a big puddle and mainly hit the driver side of vehicle ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

Codes found P2096 & P0101

Maf sensor code & Bank 1 fuel too lean .

The car will not stay running , and will go into limp mode after about 30 seconds of running . What I’ve done :
Replaced MAF sensor , checked fuses

Still a no go please help . Again I did drive the through allot of water and it just rained for about a week straight over here but the engine was running ruff and throwing P2096 code for a while before this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for that link - I ordered a genuine MAF sensor @ down stream o2 sensor . Will be here Sunday .

If this is a no go right away - I’m assuming it will take a couple run cycles to reset the computer ?

Also anyone know of a manual available for nv200 ??? I wanna check all the grounds!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New maf installed and down stream o2 sensor installed still getting three codes p0101 & p2096 p0113

Last one is for a voltage reading on the maf that was to high ... do I have a short somewhere

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you ever get that figured out? I've got a 2015 NV200 that's randomly throwing p0101 Maf code. Haven't tried cleaning or replacing the maf. It was still driving fine until this morning and it's across town running in limp mode won't go over 40kph unless you shut it off and restart it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, for the 3 people who use this forum...I scanned the van when it made it back to me. Same code- P0101.

I replaced the maf and air filter(cause it was time). So far everything seems ok.

·
Registered
191 Posts
And it's back, I should probably start a new thread but I'm hoping this one will pop up if you search p0101.
Cel came back on 4 hrs after I replaced maf and filter. No driveability problems this time. Will check the other common sense stuff(air intake boots, purge valve etc...) that I should have done first then start cutting up the wiring harness.
Does anyone have a schematic for a 2015 2.0L gas cvt Nv200?

I just stumbled upon this tsb
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10153003-9999.pdf

·
Registered
191 Posts
Everything tested okay. I cleaned out the pcv valve. The spring seemed pretty week but it didn't seem any different than a brand new one (standard brand). So far it's been good for the last 6 hrs. I forgot to mention that each time it rolled in the shop it had the p0101 code for the maf as well as a code in the brake controller for the brake light switch. Brake lights work fine and switch doesn't appear to be broken or worn out. It's kicked out the door for now. Will report back if it randomly catches fire and gets left on the train tracks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
And it's back. Stumbled for the driver today and cel came on. P0101. Again. Time to light it on fire and push it off a cliff.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Okay, update....Replaced spark plugs(ngk9029 irridium) cause they're due. Replacing intake and throttle body gaskets(felpro). Replaced pcv valve(standard/intermotor v400). Cleaned the throttle body too. Then after that no more P0101 but it was throwing a p0507? iirc. Throttle body code. Ended up googling how to do an idle relearn procedure, by cycling the key and throttle pedal. That took care of that code.
I forgot to mention that the traction control light also came on for the driver while it was acting up. If a P0101 code appears it'll throw an abs code and disable it so that's why that happened. AFAIK anyways.

I'll post back if it acts up again. Thanks for all the helpful info everyone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts