NV200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and love my silver 2015 Nissan NV200. I have a 2015 Nissan NV200 with 103,000 miles. Just bought it used. When its night and I put the headlights on, some of the a/c dash lights are faint or not light at all. The a/c works fine. The dash dimmer switch works fine. Just the air delivery mode control switch, the outside air intake control dial, and the fan control dial all do not illuminate at night. All of a sudden this happened!! A pain in the rear! Could it be bulbs in the dash or fuses or bad alternator?? Please advise step by step if possible. Kind Regards. Rex747

·
Registered
218 Posts
Probably a burnt bulb or two. Or loose connection. Can't diagnose through the internet very well.
IIRC, removing the temp controls is complete pita. First yank the little black slider knob off, then the entire bezel pulls off next(going off memory). Then pull the radio out, 2-4 phillips screws? then maybe you might be able to get to the temp control lights.
If some dash lights work and some don't it's not bad fuses. And no, a bad alternator wouldn't cause only a few light bulbs to not work properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a burnt bulb or two. Or loose connection. Can't diagnose through the internet very well.
IIRC, removing the temp controls is complete pita. First yank the little black slider knob off, then the entire bezel pulls off next(going off memory). Then pull the radio out, 2-4 phillips screws? then maybe you might be able to get to the temp control lights.
If some dash lights work and some don't it's not bad fuses. And no, a bad alternator wouldn't cause only a few light bulbs to not work properly.
Thank you Fummins, I appreciate your input. I agree with you that it probably cannot be fuses or alternator because there would be a lot more lights out or more electrical problems than just fading out blackout in just one specific area of the dash like the ac controls. I bought the NV200 shop manual download for $22 from the UK manual website. It is great to have for many reasons but it does not exactly provide me a step by step solution. So I will use common sense. I also bought a code reader from Amazon which I will receive by Friday hopefully that will pin point exactly the where the issue lies. Otherwise I will have to pry open the trim around the center dash to get to the center ac controls. Then remove the front a/c control assembly to get to the bulbs. Bulbs are cheap and easy to replace (many youtube videos about changing dash bulbs like ChrisFix).

I just bought the vehicle used about a month ago and for the first time last week I drove it at night and noticed that some of the illumination on the ac switches were out. I got pissed. LOL. Anyway I love my NV200 and will maintain it the best I can. Kind Regards. Rex747

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wait, you didn't order an obdII reader to help you fix your temp control lights did you?? Or...
Beware the UK market nv200's don't seem to have a lot in common with the North America spec Nv200's. Hopefully you got the right one. I've had good luck looking for free service manuals for other vehicles on questionable Russian sites lol.

Edit: I just realized it's you that made the other post about the temp and engine lights on.
I'll reply to that here too..
When it feels like it's in limp mode what does it do. Does the temp light stay on? Is it red?

I've had problems with a couple nv's that threw maf sensor codes. They randomly wouldn't rev up past 2000rpm. But they didn't have the temp light on, just the engine light.

If the driver shut it off and restarted it, it'd be good for a few minutes or a few days. I checked all the wiring, tried a new maf in one van. It was good for a few days then acted up again. Ended up testing the battery and although it started the van fine when I load tested it, it was weak. I replaced the battery and it's been fine for a months now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello. The engine light stayed on with the temp light. Would not accelerate (no power) but continued going. Able to drive short distance to my home without being stranded. That was yesterday. This morning checked the coolant, radiator is full so is side reservoir. So no leaks and no problem with cooling system I guess. So engine did not overheat I assume. So I turn the key to turn on to check the tranny fluid and the electric comes on but does not turn over. Won't start. Dead. Maybe it needs tranny fluid but how do I check it if it does not run? Hope the tranny is not toast!! I guess the scanner would check the codes and help start it???

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello. The engine light stayed on with the temp light. Would not accelerate (no power) but continued going. Able to drive short distance to my home without being stranded. That was yesterday. This morning checked the coolant, radiator is full so is side reservoir. So no leaks and no problem with cooling system I guess. So engine did not overheat I assume. So I turn the key to turn on to check the tranny fluid and the electric comes on but does not turn over. Won't start. Dead. Maybe it needs tranny fluid but how do I check it if it does not run? Hope the tranny is not toast!! I guess the scanner would check the codes and help start it???
You shouldn't need any fluid unless it leaked out. You could always just pull the dip stick and see what the fluid looks like. These cvt's are finiky when it comes to fluid level. They don't like to be over or underfilled. Regardless it doesn't sound like a transmission problem. Yet...A bad transmission won't start your engine from running. 85% of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts