NV200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the fuel pump is located on a 2016 NV200? I've seen tutorials on replacing the fuel pump on Youtube on other Nissan models. I assume the steps will be the same. Vehicle currently cranks but will not start. I still get accessory power and ignition when I turn the key. So, I know it's not the battery or alternator.

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Just cause it cranks over doesn't mean the battery is good. I've seen these thing crank and crank but not start because the starter sucked too much juice that the ecu wouldn't power up. Do you have spark? I can't remember if you can get to any of the spark plugs without removing the intake on these things.
Did this just happen out of the blue or did it just die on you?

Did you check for trouble codes?

Better yet do you have any fuel pressure? Remove the line up by the engine and try to start it?

Did you pop the fuel cap off and listen for the pump. Turn the key off, wait a minute or two then have someone turn the key to start then release it in the run position(the fuel pump will usually keep running for 5-10 or so seconds).
Does the red immobilizer light on the cluster light up while cranking? I've had that happen when the battery gets weak too. Even though they cranked over fine. Usually in the winter though.

I'd check those things before blindly firing off the parts cannon at it.

But if you're already set on replacing the fuel pump then you'll have to drop the fuel tank down then pull the pump out the top of the tank. There isn't an access plate like some cars have. At least not that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think there's an access plate under the rear mat and does not require dropping the tank.
I can get info or photo to verify. It shows a lock ring tool for the pump R&R, can use a drift, be careful not to damage the ring or you could create a leak.
Jaw Mode of transport Motor vehicle Font Automotive design

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there's an access plate under the rear mat and does not require dropping the tank.
I can get info or photo to verify. It shows a lock ring tool for the pump R&R, can use a drift, be careful not to damage the ring or you could create a leak.
View attachment 3635
Yes it is located right behind the front passenger under the floor mat. I guess if you had a rear passenger seat it would be underneath that. I ordered a lock ring tool to help remove it. Just waiting for the Fuel pump to arrive so I can get to work on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts