NV200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching the NV200, trying to decide whether to purchase it for my on-site computer repair/IT services company. I figured that since it's October 2015 there should be a new 2016 model coming out soon.

I found this site (http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/the-2016-nissan-lineup-charting-the-changes) detailing a very uninteresting change list.

"2016 Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo

The popular NV200 Compact Cargo van provides large cargo capacity with a small exterior footprint. It offers an efficient 2.0-liter 16-valve 4-cylinder engine, a next-gen Xtronic transmission and a roomy cargo area, which allows for loading standard U.S. 40x48-inch pallets.

Enhancements for 2016 include:

One new paint color: Taxi Yellow
Offered in S and SV models
Available in January 2016"

So, in other words nothing new for 2016 except the option of bright yellow paint?

Perhaps the best time to buy (a new 2015) is when next year's model is just around the corner - they will probably want to clear out 2015's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Buy it, you will love it. I use mine for my independent contracting business, its great on gas, my customers always comment on how nice it looks.

The only drawback is tires, but I heard they are getting better, im on my 3rd set of factory tires replaced under warranty, and they are a little better, but you can always buy aftermarket tires with a lower weight rating, I did that too with no concerns at all.

If you do buy one, get the full package with the backup cam and navigation, keyless entry etc. I love these features of it, I couldnt believe it was even offerred with them at first.

My average fuel economy is about 24-25 MPG with the van loaded with my tools, its odd, more weight, mine seems to get better fuel economy.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
FWIW, I bought mine about a month ago through Truecar.com. Very good deal I thought. Basically every option, SV + side and rear glass, + GPS Tech package, color matched bumpers, backup cam and sonar system (the sonar is very handy for parking). List was 24 something, price paid just under 20 + tax and tags of course which brought the grand total to 22K even.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I believe so. Nothing really new added as the NV200 does everything well. There were a few bugs on the '13s and some '14s but they've already fixed them for '15. Most of the issues were limited to small batches of cars anyways so it's not like they have to go back to the drawing boards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been considering a 2016 NV200 for a few months now, and I am very close to pulling the trigger on the purchase in a couple of months.

I'm just really worried about all the tire/axle issues I keep reading here and other websites like carcomplaints.com. How confident should I feel with the 2016 NV200? Nissan has failed to address these issues publicly which is really not giving me peace of mind at all. I'm not looking forward to spending $1000 worth of tires every year like some people have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts