NV200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to tow a 2018 Nv200(with 195,000miles) off the road yesterday. It died in a left turn lane on a busy road. I used a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage(with 200,000miles) to to the NV loaded with a pallet of auto parts in the back lol.
Anywho....I ended up having it towed back to my shop last night. So far I just pulled the codes from it and came up with a P0183 ftt sen/circuit. I assume ftt is fuel temp, the live data shows the fuel temp is -40(c or f) either way it's way off. I haven't checked for power at the pump yet but activated the relay with the scanner and didn't hear the pump running in the tank.
I'll search for this fuel pump access plate that is supposed to be there under the floor mat and I'll post some pics to save others some time.
Right now I'm suspecting the fuel pump assembly is toast or maybe just the wiring just broke? I'm leaning towards the pump though.
We have a dozen or so of these things from 2015-2020. I've seen the odd loss of throttle problems with these things but haven't had one die altogether yet(other than the time a belt broke and the driver ignored all the warning lights and just drove it til the battery died and it over-heated).

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So...There is in fact an access panel for the fuel pump. I'll post pics later.
I started from the front on this thing. Hooked up scan tool, activated fuel pump relay and could hear it click under the hood. I think it may be an integral non-replacable part inside the ipdm...I checked for power at the pump and didn't get voltage from either of the 2 larger gauge wires(I can't remember the colors atm). So back to the interwebs I go and stumbled upon this https://nv200campervan.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/2013-2014-nissan-nv200-cargo-van-bbgv1.pdf

I was stuck on finding that fuel pump relay and didn't think of finding the fuel pump fuse...Fuse #20 was blowno_O replaced blown fuse and it fired right up. I don't know exactly why it blew in the first place. I don't have schematics for this thing. My one guess is the pump got hot and locked up then blew the fuse? I did bang on the tank a lot in an attempt to get it to work on the side of the road. Maybe that was enough to knock it loose, or maybe bouncing on the back of a tow truck? I dunno, I don't want to kick it out the door and have the same thing happen later today.

I'll let it run for a while and see if it'll die I guess. One weird thing I noticed is the fuel temp show's -40C and iat shows +40c, coolant temp was reading 80C

·
Super Moderator
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the readings on a recently wrecked 2018 Nv200 we have here. Fuel temps read correctly in it so I stole the fuel pump and pluged it into this one that died on the road. Fuel temps read correctly in it so the wiring is good and the sensor is faulty. Swapped pumps over and kicked it out the door. Will report back if this thing comes back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts