NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my 2018 SV model 20 minutes, parked for 10, went to start it, won't start, won't crank, radio and lights working fine. Hooked up jumper cables, 5 minutes later cranks but won't start, couple minutes later get it to start. Thought maybe bad battery, replaced, 4 days later same thing happens again. Tried spare key to eliminate that as issue. On the way to dealership wipers take 45 seconds to turn on, radio controls on steering wheel act crazy, not responding at all, or volume up changes station. Local dealership has had it for 4 days without being able to recreate the issue and no clue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 2018 at work that had wiring problems from day one. Different from yours, they'd be driving down the road then the throttle would cut out, it'd just drop to an idle regardless of how much throttle you gave. No pedal response. If you shut it off and restarted it it'd be fine for a day or a week. The dealer replaced the t-body, then a computer and it was good for a year almost to the day before acting up again. They agreed to fix it under good will and after a long while determined the engine wiring harness was damaged somewhere so ordered a new one. It's been good for almost a year again but the other day had a starting problem,it'd only start if you gave it a little throttle. The air filter was pretty dirty but otherwise I found nothing wrong. Kicked it out the door and I haven't heard anything back.

I had a few vans act up in the winter too, they'd start and get moved 20' then turn off for 10-15 mins. When they'd go to restart them to leave they wouldn't crank like the imobilizer was active or something. Tried boosting, tried other key nothing would work. Eventually it'd fire up like nothing was ever wrong and be good for a week or month. Never did figure that one out. Bad connection somewhere or imobilizer module crapping out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well hopefully your thought about the immobilizer is right, the dealership replaced that and cut new keys for it, basically said "I dunno, gotta try something for you."

·
Registered
86 Posts
Iirc the red key symbol would light up on the cluster when it acted up. Hopefully yours is fixed now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts