NV200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone fitted the 230 volt external hook up plug to the van yet?

I was hoping to fit mine this weekend and was think about fitting into the rear bumper to save cutting a hole in the side body panel.

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
8 Posts
Loving your blog

Hi, just bought a 2011 NV200 to turn into a camper. Still just enjoying the novelty of driving it...but about to do windows and electrics soon. Your blog is a great help....don't suppose you still have the vanpimps code do you?!

Amy & Vanny McVanface

·
Registered
190 Posts
Try VP10MARCH - courtesy of Mrnv200 who I hope is OK with me putting it here.
Note the opening windows need a bigger opening (beyond the "lip") to fit - mainly towads the front of the van, but also top n bottom - offer up and check before gluing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi thanks for that I will mount the plug to the tow bar and save cutting a hole into the van other than a cable hole with grommet.

That's tomorrows hob.

Thanks all and keep the tips coming.

B.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cable hole not needed.
There is a vent you can feed the cable through, same way the towbar electrics go. I had to partly remove bumper (again - but towbar left on) to feed the armour through.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

Where did you buy the round pin socket with spring cover including the mounting bracket you attached to the tow bar?

Many thanks,

B.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Amazon link on my blog (yes I get commission) or ebay. Mine came different to what I ordered colour wise, but its great.
No bracket, just used my own bolts & washers through the holes. Just flush mount. Just get the male version (obviously) not female.
Very impressed with it actually

1 - 9 of 9 Posts