NV200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the UK, bought myself a 2014 ex mobility 5 seater, I've cut out the ramp, & fitted some 16" Nisaan Cube wheels, which have made a huge difference.
Can anyone help me out with the factory service intervals?
I have 62000 miles on the clock, when I spoke to a Nissan dealer, they told me it is due for a 60 month service, which aparantly is only a small service, for which they quoted over £300.
I've just done an oil & filter change so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there.
Personally given the van is already 5 years old and over 60K miles, and assuming warranty is long since passed, I wouldn't pay over £300 for (what the main dealer called) a small service at the main dealer.
Use a trusty local garage who would probably do a major service less than that so a small one would be cheaper still - just make sure the right oil is used though as these things (maybe all cars do now) have a DPF which must apparently have low ash oil used (C4 grade I was told by my dealer - bought the same oil at eurocarparts at half the dealer price).
Anyway, if you've just done an oil and filter change, that would be the major part of a 'small' service, do the fuel and air filter and that'll be all that gets replaced - the rest just being fluid levels and inspection.

https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/za/Maintenance/Split/NV200/NV200_1.5D.pdf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there.
Personally given the van is already 5 years old and over 60K miles, and assuming warranty is long since passed, I wouldn't pay over £300 for (what the main dealer called) a small service at the main dealer.
Use a trusty local garage who would probably do a major service less than that so a small one would be cheaper still - just make sure the right oil is used though as these things (maybe all cars do now) have a DPF which must apparently have low ash oil used (C4 grade I was told by my dealer - bought the same oil at eurocarparts at half the dealer price).
Anyway, if you've just done an oil and filter change, that would be the major part of a 'small' service, do the fuel and air filter and that'll be all that gets replaced - the rest just being fluid levels and inspection.

https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/za/Maintenance/Split/NV200/NV200_1.5D.pdf
Hi, thanks I'm aware of all the usual stuff. I can't seem to find the correct euro/uk service scedule for these. I'm not even sure on the cam belt intervals, they seem to vary depending upon who you speak to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Yes I've seen that. I wasn't expecting to see such a short time interval between changes. I'm going to check with the main dealers, which have don all its servicing tomorrow.
Have a feeling it might have been done, as the cam cover is a bit ill fitting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Andy, Just wondering if you found out about the cambelt, i'm looking at a NV200 on Sat, 64k, also an ex mobility and cambelt wasn't done at dealer when it had service at 50k. I was told on another forum 54k, also found online schedule saying 54k, garage selling car checked autodata & it said 90k, I rang a dealer & they also said 90k. I know it would be safer to just get it done, but looking to do a camper conversion, so the money is tight & we probably won't get to 90k in 3 years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Paul - also see my attachment on the original response (#2 above), that's Nissan's own schedule requirement, plus regardless of mileage, if it's beyond 4 years old presumably you could convince the dealer on that basis. The juke and qashqai specs (same engine) online do now say 90K or 96months for the first belt change then 45K thereafter , surprised motability didn't get it done tbh if it was motability supplied/serviced. Also if it was motability, they might be able to provide a printout on top of the service booklet. Perhaps some are mixing up km for m as 54K miles is 90000Km

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah I was surprised it wasn't done being motability, however if the dealer said same as 1 i rang, then they wouldn't have quoted for it. I also did wonder if the confusion is around the 90000km, I also want to check what service nook says & I'm tempted to contact Nissan UK, it's an important item they shouldn't be providing conflicting data on. It's 4yrs old, they told me same as dealer 90k or 60months, so i can try, but can't see them budging, especially when mileage is only 64k.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had reply from Nissan after giving them my chassis number and they've sent schedule, timing belt & pulleys under normal conditions 60 months or 150000km, under severe driving conditions 48 months or 120000km

1 - 9 of 9 Posts