NV200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try to start my 2014 NV200 Van and it turn over once and then it will go dead. The display lights in dash doesn't work and radio doesn't work and turn signals, windshield wipers, power mirror's don't work. Headlights do work. No codes to tell you it a electrical problem. Then other times it will start up with no problems.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Start 1st by looking at battery. Can you swap with another or put jump pack on.

Then I'd look at fuse box as sounds like power related issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start 1st by looking at battery. Can you swap with another or put jump pack on.

Then I'd look at fuse box as sounds like power related issue
This all started after I put new battery in it and left cables off for a day. I wonder if my ECU needs reprogram? I bought a device to read the codes on the van and it came back with no codes. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My other thought is starter motor has a short so soon as try to start everything goes dead.
I'm not convinced it's a programming issue. Most of the time it gets the blame tho along with key.

Don't bother with the cheaper scanners. And even then it might be electrical issue or the fault code point in wrong direction.

But start with the battery try changing again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out today it not my battery or wiring to the battery or a problem with the fuel pump it's my ignition switch because I can push on the key and it start every time. Nissan had recalls on NV200 vans in 2017 models because key missed up. My key ring has 12 keys on it.
Recall Number
18V551000
Recall Date
08/21/2018
Component
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION
Summary
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2017 Nissan NV200, Sentra, NV3500 Van, NV3500 Bus, NV200 Taxi, NV1500, NV2500 Van, Chevrolet City Express, 2017-2018 Frontier, Versa Note, and Versa Sedan vehicles that have a mechanical (physical) key ignition system. In these models, over time, the weight on the key ring and road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position to the accessory position, turning off the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts