NV200 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Super Moderator
351 Posts
No problem. This van I have torn apart is a 2015. All of our nv200’s at work came with keyless entry so I couldn't tell you if a non-keyless entry model has the connector or not. Let me whoever else is lurking around know where you find.

· Registered
3 Posts
No one has yet posted that they were able to activate the module?
I would speculate that one of the wires is a hot and the other 2 go to the lock and unlock features. If this was correct, adding an aftermarket module here would be easy. Or, if one of the wires is supposed to be hot and not activated, adding a jumper should enable the module. Any comments? Has anyone tested the wires to see where they go?

· Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a used 2021 NV200 and there was a FOB of some kind on the key ring, so I thought it had keyless entry. Now, I'm guessing the FOB was for remote start or something that the previous owner kept. I never imaged that any car made these days wouldn't have keyless entry. The van will be used by a Field Tech and no keyless would be a real PIA. After reading all the dead ends that others hit, and since the door locks are triggered electrically, I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket kit that could get spliced in and would work.

· Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone installed their own aftermarket car alarm? They tried to cut off my cat converter, but unsuccessful. Now I am paranoid to park anywhere. I bought Avital 3000xl car alarm and want to do a self install as I'm unemployed and very low on fund. Thus I can't afford my cat converter to be sawed off. Wondering if anyone has done the install themselves and regret doing so? I have 2018 SV model, auto lock. I have the alarm and van harness info, but once I opened the lower panel of the van to expose the van's wiring harness, it became real as to how complicated the wiring would be.

I'm looking to install an alarm that has vibration and tilt sensor. Please provide guidance if you have done this yourself.

· Super Moderator
351 Posts
Has anyone installed their own aftermarket car alarm? They tried to cut off my cat converter, but unsuccessful. Now I am paranoid to park anywhere. I bought Avital 3000xl car alarm and want to do a self install as I'm unemployed and very low on fund. Thus I can't afford my cat converter to be sawed off. Wondering if anyone has done the install themselves and regret doing so? I have 2018 SV model, auto lock. I have the alarm and van harness info, but once I opened the lower panel of the van to expose the van's wiring harness, it became real as to how complicated the wiring would be.

I'm looking to install an alarm that has a vibration and tilt sensor. Please provide guidance if you have done this yourself.
I haven't installed an alarm in years. If you're just looking to make the alarm work and keep the wiring to a minium you could probably just not wire up the door locks and some of the other stuff that's not needed. That should leave you with only 2-3 wires to connect to the van, theoretically...That is if you're just looking to use whatever sensors came with the alarm you bought.

What part of the wiring seems complicated? What do you have for tools?

My work has had almost all the cats stolen from the nv200's. Lately, they've just been taking the rear ones which can be removed without turning on the check engine light. So I just grabbed some exhaust pipe off the shelf and welded it in place of the missing cat. I'm considering being proactive and doing the same to the other vans that still have the converters in them so that at least we could take them in and get a few bucks rather than let a thief do it. We don't have any emissions testing here so that might not work for you very well.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts