NV200 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The tires Nissan puts on the NV200 Taxi are JK Tyre Vectra 185/65R15 92T. (Sources: pics on Google, and this article (translated) http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/526983/blog/31676953/).

I wanted to look it up because I was betting that Nissan would improve the tires for those taxis - since they are a majorly important client and could lead to many more sales if things go well.

I wonder if they can only be obtained by the dealerships as well?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I highly doubt that JK Tire out of India makes any tire worth installing.

The OEM JK Tire Americargo tire installed on the North American NV200/City Express is the worst tire I have ever driven on or analyzed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, been looking, researching, this crazy tire problem that people are just now realizing is going to hurt their bottom line (a 20k mile OEM Expensive tire). I've looked at new wheels with higher load tires, dealer options for OEM tires (just the original one JKTyre where I am), and the only other C rated tire - Continental vanco 4 seasons. Well to replace the rims to 16s ($400) and use a tire that comes close to pressure you're looking at about $900 out the door. The OEM tires and continentals cost right about $625. NOT good if you put a lot of miles on your van.
Well I found out that Yokohama sells a 185/60/15 s series tire (avid) that has a max pressure of 51lbs. These run under $400 and have a 60k mile tread rating. Looks good to me! I dont carry a heavy load in my van, just light delivery items. Hope this helps someone.
Here's a link http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/avid_touring_s
Ok, been looking, researching, this crazy tire problem that people are just now realizing is going to hurt their bottom line (a 20k mile OEM Expensive tire). I've looked at new wheels with higher load tires, dealer options for OEM tires (just the original one JKTyre where I am), and the only other C rated tire - Continental vanco 4 seasons. Well to replace the rims to 16s ($400) and use a tire that comes close to pressure you're looking at about $900 out the door. The OEM tires and continentals cost right about $625. NOT good if you put a lot of miles on your van.
Well I found out that Yokohama sells a 185/60/15 s series tire (avid) that has a max pressure of 51lbs. These run under $400 and have a 60k mile tread rating. Looks good to me! I dont carry a heavy load in my van, just light delivery items. Hope this helps someone.
Here's a link http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/avid_touring_s
FOUND CORRECT TIRE : BRAND LAUFENN MADE BY HANKOOK, RUNS AT PSI AND IS PASSENGER CAR TIRE .PERFECT FIT AND GOOD RIDE WEIGHT [email protected] 51 PSI. MY COST WAS $65 A TIRE .LOUSY RIDE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
do you have a link to those tires? i am looking to smooth up the nv ride with tires and maybe sumo springs. thanks
I found a Laufenn(stock size 185/65r15) at tirerack but the load rating is 1235lb not 1356lb. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...wall=Blackwall&partnum=865HR5GFITAS&tab=Sizes If you don't haul a ton of stuff these would probably work fine. Our work vans are loaded down with oil drums and pallets of car parts so we stick with the higher load rating tires that ride like crap.
The Laufenn 195/65r15 has the 1356lb load rating and is only a few dollars more. There's not a huge difference in actual size according to this

·
Registered
87 Posts
With that Discount Tire lawsuit in the US, I'm surprised that any tire dealer anywhere is mounting under rated tires on any vehicle including the NV200.

There are many more correctly rated tire options for the North American NV200 van these days, unlike when these vans 1st came out.

Fummins, what tires are you running on your NV200 fleet these days?

·
Registered
87 Posts
For winter we're running nexens and summer they just bought the oem continentals. All stock size.

I'm surprised that you guys aren't running all-weather tires to avoid the spring/fall tire changeovers.
We have run the Nokian all-weather tires on all our fleet vans all these years with great success in the Calgary winters.
If I recall correctly, you are in Edmonton.

I haven't been a field guy for many years now, work at home flunkee...
We currently run the medium sized Ford Transits with Nokian WR C3 all-weather tires.

I would recommend the same Nokian WR C3 all-weather commercial tire for the NV200. LT185/60R15C.
I wish these were available when we got our NV200's in 2015.

Commercial duty, load range C, deep tread depth, stock size but much larger than the OEM JK tires.
Excellent in the winter and totally fine in the summer for a work van.
Long tread life and no need for spring/fall changeovers.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah all weather would be nice for me. I started swapping tires over at the beginning of October and still 20 or so vehicles to go.
I'm in Edmonton. I wish I worked from home some days. I'd probably drink more and do less though.

I'll have to mention those Nokians in the spring when all these new nexens are worn out.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts