NV200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i know this has been mentioned many times in the forum and due to reading several posts i have done the reset to see if the light goes out' it did but came back on.
It only happened after i visited my dad on a very bumpy side road tipping down with rain along with my son and dog in the front.
Ive looked under the drivers seat and have checked the airbag seat sensor which is attached.However i cant find the cable under the passenger seat, my question is .....Is there one fitted ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine has two connectors under the passenger seat, I think it's one for the occupancy sensor (so the van beeps if someones's sat there without the belt fastened), or even the seatbelt pretensioners, or seatbelt catch sensor - but is registered as a 7 seater (probably had all them seats once :oops:).
Can't help specifically, but when you open the passenger side door there might be a switch in the side of the instrument console plastic panel, to enable/disable the passenger airbag (for when it's not needed on for any reason). Might be worth operating that switch a few times (I think the van key can be used, or large screwdriver blade) - rain might've got in while using that side . Put it back to whatever position it started in

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has two connectors under the passenger seat, I think it's one for the occupancy sensor (so the van beeps if someones's sat there without the belt fastened), or even the seatbelt pretensioners, or seatbelt catch sensor - but is registered as a 7 seater (probably had all them seats once :oops:).
Can't help specifically, but when you open the passenger side door there might be a switch in the side of the instrument console plastic panel, to enable/disable the passenger airbag (for when it's not needed on for any reason). Might be worth operating that switch a few times (I think the van key can be used, or large screwdriver blade) - rain might've got in while using that side. Put it back to whatever position it started in
Thanks just checked mine and can't see any cables under the passenger seat,I've also checked the passenger seatbelt and it hasnt any wire connected to it.I also had a look for the passenger airbag switch but believe my model hasn't got one checked everywhere.

any other areas that i could check

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check for codes. I don’t know about uk models but 90% of the time North American airbag modules cannot be reset unless you use a proper scan tool.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I guess that's not the greatest answer, I have a 2017 here with the airbag light flashing constantly. No errors found, everything checks out ok. Not sure wtf is wrong with that one.

I have another 2017 that won't even communicate with my scanner, I swapped the airbag module with one from a known good van and light went out, scanner worked as it should.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess that's not the greatest answer, I have a 2017 here with the airbag light flashing constantly. No errors found, everything checks out ok. Not sure wtf is wrong with that one.

I have another 2017 that won't even communicate with my scanner, I swapped the airbag module with one from a known good van and light went out, scanner worked as it should.
Wheres the airbag module pal, i cant seem to find any haynes manuals etc which is a pain

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know if they'll be in the same spot for our as yours? I recall seeing that you guys have different consoles and seats in the UK. Over here the airbag module is under the center console, bolted to the floor(near the front). It usually has an orange or yellow plug going to it. I've got a couple new 2020's in the shop right meow that I have to pull the center console out to stuff some wiring under it. I'll try to remember to take some pics and upload them when I get a chance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Apparently they made a few changes between 2018 and 2020. There is now a plastic cover that covers the air bag module and wiring. So I couldn’t get a good picture. Someone stuffed a piece of garbage in there too. Thanks Mexico lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks pal, I havent got a centre console but do have a storage boge with a usb connection in there i'm guessing it will be in the same location so will have a closer look, thanks again pal your a leg end lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey pal Hows things, Ive been looking all over the place for the location of the airbag module and seem to have found a uk youtube video that shows it being right next to the storage unit to the left of the handbrake,its basicly under the plastic on the floor any ideas how to get that open

1 - 12 of 12 Posts