NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New van (6 months old) with 22,000 miles on it and the airbag light is flashing. Dealer says it's not under warranty and it'll be $1100 to replace. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? I've had two check engine issues and the a/c was leaking into passenger side floor last summer (is the air bag sensor over there? Help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your airbag is absolutely covered under warranty. Your dealer is incompetent.
The airbag light by shifter for the passenger seat has a recall on the seats sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone I am new here. I have similar problem with my Nissan NV200, panel van,2014,30000 miles but the srs light is always ON.. Any idea how to reset it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found this description on-line: http://enginepartsdiagram.com/reset-srs-airbag-warning-light-nissan-nv200/

and followed the instructions -

Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine, If your vehicle has Smart key button, press the “Start” button twice without touching the brake pedal.
Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
Wait for more than 3 seconds
Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
Now turn the key off again, wait for more than 3 seconds like in step 3 again, and turn back on.
Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset

After 4 attempts of following the above instructions the 'blinking stopped'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts