NV200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Nissan nv 200. It had a recall on the air bag. In the recall it stated that the airbag light may come on. Which it’s been on. So I took it to Nissan and they “fixed” the recall which was some insulation, and then proceeded to tell me that the airbag sensor and control sensor were bad. They had to replace them. Ended up costing me close to $700 to fix. I contact Nissan corporate and they told me it’s not their problem and I’m stuck with that bill. Now, my opinion, a recall on airbags and then your sensors aren’t working.... that sounds like it’s all related.
Anyone else have this recall? Or problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nick name "Stealers" not "Dealers" come to mind.

Sounds like they didn't want to fix the problem for free so charged anyway. Unless you agreed to the work done , then don't pay

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hold on, you were driving around with your airbag light on, then found an outstanding recall related to the airbag system and figured they'd fix your vehicle magically with a recall? What was the recall even for, did they just reprogram a module? That won't fix a faulty sensor.
If you took your van in for a recall and told them to fix the airbag light then that's on you. If you took it in for a recall and didn't tell them to look into why the airbag light was on then you shouldn't have had to pay and they shouldn't have fixed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts