NV200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 NV200 with 40k miles. This year and especially in the last month we have had some very hot days. I noticed when my van has been running for a while and is at full operating temperature sometimes the air conditioning stops working. I am guessing the ECU might be doing this to help keep the engine running cooler. Has anyone else experienced this? I checked the coolant level and it's fine. Also I checked the freon level in the A/C system and it's got the right amount of pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The A/C high pressure sensor is probably seeing an over pressure scenario and shutting off system to protect it. Check your condenser and make sure it's clean of debris.
Also hard acceleration and uphill climbs it will shut moemtarialy off for better engine power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost never accelerate hard. Also it's happening when I am driving on the highway and it's flat for miles. I will definitely check the condenser though. Where is the condenser located?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I almost never accelerate hard. Also it's happening when I am driving on the highway and it's flat for miles. I will definitely check the condenser though. Where is the condenser located?
It sits in front of radiator. See service manual attachment. If you look through the lower front grill opening you'll see the silver fins on it. It is usually stuffed with bugs or it was just really challenged by the hot weather. Sometime I have run it on re circulation mode, since outside air is so warm.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think there is chart somewhere that lists outdoor ambient/humidity levels and what vent temps would be.
What is your ambient temp and humidity when you experience the drop in performance?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's always when it's over 90 degrees F. We haven't had a day over that in a few weeks and it's been fine. It's gotta be something in the engine shutting it off when it gets that hot. We have been really close recently in the high 80's and it runs great. Where I live is VERY humid in the summer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in south east US and know the 90s and high humidity well. I'd have to say my vents temps are a little tepid at 90*F + ambient temps and humidity above 60%. I have to turn mine to recirc and higher fan speeds when I drive in those conditions. I have not experienced compressor shut off except hard acceleration (LOL) and some steep uphill climbs. It is a small system trying to cool a big volume area on a hot and humid sunny day.

I'll see if I can find the chart.
See attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's good to see. It's funny though this is the third summer I have owned this and I don't remember it doing this the first two summers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts