NV200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 NV200 with 21k miles and the alternator belt has just gone. I heard flapping under the bonnet when driving and on inspection the belt was starting tom strip.

Gone to main dealer and asked for a replacement under warranty (5 year bumper to bumper Nissan warranty) , which they say is doubtful as it is a wear item but highly unusual.

I think it should be replaced under warranty considering the age, mileage and rarity of the fault.

If Nissan refuse would it be possible to challenge their decision?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Belts, tires, filters and oil are almost never covered. You can try but, don't hold your breath. I would of gone with "hey, I'll pay for the belt if you'll install it free." They probably would laugh and say nope.but, hey all they ca6m say is no.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah good luck getting a belt warrantied. It should have lasted longer than that in theory but has it been idling 24hrs a day to the equivalent of 100k miles? Most normal wear parts aren't gonna be covered, brake pads windshield wiper blades etc. Its a belt, takes 20 mins to change on the ones I work on(2015-2018 gas 2.0l) North american ones. Figured I should mention that since half the people posting are from europe and probably have diesel's in theirs.

I tried getting warranty on an 18' nv200 with a blown cvt with 80k kms. The oil cooler got a hole from a rock(take a look, they're in the lower grille behind the rh side of the bumper), lost all the fluid and the driver kept on driving til it went into limp mode then kept going after that til it quit moving altogether
and burnt it up. Dealer wants $9000 to fix, no warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts