NV200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my NV200 van on April 1, 2014. My 6 month average is 23.51 mpg. This past weekend, we went out of town. I burned 2 full tanks of gas driving 60 mph on open interstate. This should be a good speed to maxamize fuel economy. I averaged 27.82 mpg. I still think an under-powered 4 banger should do better, but this is OK.

Grandpa

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder why they don't fit the diesel engine in the US? I've had my UK version since June 2014 and it's so frugal I can't remember when last I filled it up! The mpg meter on the dashboard, if I'm driving on the flat, shows 60mpg and that is the max the meter shows. Even going uphill it reads between 30 and 40 or more. I'm really impressed with it in comparison with the Suzuki ignis I swapped for it. That always seemed to need filling up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I average 21.9-22.6 with shelving in it. Probably carry 390lbs total. I think the fuel economy is poor for what it is. There at least should have been a manual transmission option for this or better yet, the diesel engine. Not as fuel efficient for the business trade user as they tout.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drive pretty conservatively most of the time have a ladder rack and a row of shelves and some tools material and ladders. I get anywhere from 22-25 depending on cargo

The quoted average mpg in the dash seems to always be over by about 2 mpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
24-25mpg around town with 800 pound load. 30mpg highway empty.
Now that's what I want to hear!

The low 20s some are getting is discouraging. I have read several reviews where people are getting 30 on the highway, which is pretty sweet...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My average mpg continues to increase from my initial post. I am using 10w30 Mobil 1 full synthetic oil. I am maintaining a spreadsheet to calculate my fuel consumption. I consider my data to be extremely accurate.

To date I have driven 6959 miles and have consumed 292.85 gallons of gasoline since my April 1 purchase date. This calculates to 23.763 mpg. This is up from the 23.51 mpg I recorded on my initial post 2 months ago. My last 2 fuelings are in the 25+ mpg range. This is a combined city and interstate highway. I usually carry a bicycle, small Engals DC refrigerator, some tools, and misc boat stuff, weighing approx 250 pounds of stuff , plus my 200+ weight. My tire pressures are per the manufacturers recommendation. Thus, it appears my mpg continues to increase as the drive train parts wear in. The mpg figures are acceptable and above the Nissan official figures. But not excellent for an under-powered 4 cylinder engine. I wish the diesel were avaialble in the US.

Grandpa

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2014 US model with 5k miles has been averaging 25 mpg, with a roof rack, shelving and about 200 lbs of tools. And I live in a hilly area. BUT I drive with a very light foot on the gas. And if I see a red light way up ahead, I let off the gas, not like the idiot along side me that keeps accelerating into the red light. The the trip computer has inaccurately read 26.1 mpg and hasn't changed from day one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, and I keep the (crappy little) tires at 50 psi all around. Above that, the TPS lights up. I thought the TPS came on for under inflation, but apparently the sensor works both ways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan NV200, N-Tech 110

My economy with the 110 h.p. 1.5 turbo Diesel , with approx. 400kg load and roofrack with double ladders varies from 29mpg on short local journeys to 49mpg using the cruise control set at 70MPH on motorway trips. Overall I average about 34mpg. I think that even though the engine has 110 bhp it is gutless at low revs and needs lots of rpm before any power comes in. I believe that a 2 litre low pressure turbo diesel engine would be a big improvement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm Jealous. I've got about 600 miles on my 2014 and got 24 on the first fill-up and 25 on the 2nd but I want a diesel so bad I can taste it! Wake up American Nissan!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am in the UK with a diesel engine. I drive like a nun and return over 50 MPG fully loaded. Remember though 1 imperial gallon is equivalent to 1 US gallon
I hope a forum mod is reading this thread, because the forum should be changed to require everyone to set-up their location. There are surely a lot of differences between the US NV200 and internationally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went from a Astro van that got 14mpg and I put all the same stuff in my nv that was in the astro-tools ect. i use it for my hvac company. I get 22-25 which I love compared to the Astro.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts