NV200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
For our NV200 we have a Suncamp Lodge 200 Motor Driveaway awning, which we attach to the van roof with scarily strong neodymium magnets (pop up roof so no room for a fixing rail). The magnets seem to hold it well but we are still fiddling with getting the awning to fit, as it has a 'universal' sized tunnel, so too wide. We have tried clips to reduce the extra material and get it as taught as possible (we will eventually cut and sew it to size when we have the size right), but it still flap/cracks noisily when really windy (hence sleepless nights!). Is this just a thing with all lightweight awnings? Or is it that we don't have it taught enough? I am thinking that old fashioned canvas would be less noisy and am wondering whether to try replacing the tunnel with a canvas one. Does anyone have the same problem? any suggestions much appreciated!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Theresa
Went away for first time this year at weekend and our awning was floppy too coz there's too much material - it wasn't windy though so no issues, but I set about thinking having seen this before we went, that one solution could be to run a spare guy line over the top of the tunnel from front to back (of the van) - this pulling the 'flop' out of it - although it'll lower the headroom in the tunnel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 896, and thanks for the idea, which we will try next time we are away. One possible problem with it though is that the dip will collect rainwater. It has made me think though of trying to push tunnel up to make it taught rather than pulling it down, maybe with something like a tent pole. Will try all these things and keep thinking! Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts