NV200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this an add on for the NV200? Is it available for both versions and what does it cost to add it? Is it easier and cheaper to add it yourself after you purchase? Is it true the one you buy through the dealership is not that great? How far behind the vehicle can you actually see with it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't know how much it costs as an option as my van came with the reverse camera, but I can say that the screen is very poorly positioned. The factory camera shows on the dashboard just to the right of the speedometer which means that its awkward to turn the wheel and see the screen at all times. Apparently there is a cable that can connect the OEM camera to an aftermarket head unit, but I'm having an issue tracking it down!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back up camera

Thank you for the reply. Let me know if you find that part to connect a new camera. Do you know of any good brands and about how much they cost?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not really sure of any brands to advise on. As long as you already have a head unit that can take a camera input, there are a lot of options to choose from. eBay is awash with cheap reversing cameras that wouldn't break the bank to give a try. The biggest expense would be if you need a new head unit or want a dedicated reversing screen. The biggest headache for me would be running the wires through to the front. It's a wonder that there's no aftermarket wireless rearview camera readily available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can use a mirror style that has the input to accept the camera. I have one that connects to the license plate and wired on the passenger side all the way to the front. You need like 20ft wire though which good thing is what mine is. The wiring is pretty straight forward. The unit itself is like less than $100 , but I bought that back in 2015. Im sure its much cheaper now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not really sure of any brands to advise on. As long as you already have a head unit that can take a camera input, there are a lot of options to choose from. eBay is awash with cheap reversing cameras that wouldn't break the bank to give a try. The biggest expense would be if you need a new head unit or want a dedicated reversing screen. The biggest headache for me would be running the wires through to the front. It's a wonder that there's no aftermarket wireless rearview camera readily available.
There is a wireless solution for $149.00 from Amazon and the mirror is what I used on my backup camera install.

AUTO VOX T1400 Upgrade Wireless Backup Camera Kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi .
I have recently put a new head unit in a 2013 nv200 pretty straight forward apart from fitting a new steering remote as the old one packed up and programing that to the new radio via a universal patch but all up and running now.
Dose any one have any idea how I get the factory camera to work on the new head unit as said in previous its a pain where it is but I cant see any obvious spare wires .any ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts