NV200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anybody know if there’s a way to turn the back up sensors beeper on and off?
My Beeper stopped working and I don’t know it’s got accidental turned off in settings or it’s broken / loose wire etc
2015 model
Thanks warren

·
Registered
234 Posts
I believe you can disable it with a button but I'm pretty sure you'd have to do that each time you cycle the key it as it would probably turn itself back on automatically, like traction control does. Your post reminded me that I had a driver complain about the beeper not working on a 2017(same as 15). I'll scan it and see what I come up with on Monday if it's the same van I think it is. Most likely a faulty sensor, most of ours get rammed into by forklifts loading and unloading pallets.

I assume if you have one or more defective sensor it could just disable the entire system. I ran into this on a newer silverado. 2 sensors weren't reading properly so it deactivated the system but would remind you it wasn't working each time you started the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you can disable it with a button but I'm pretty sure you'd have to do that each time you cycle the key it as it would probably turn itself back on automatically, like traction control does. Your post reminded me that I had a driver complain about the beeper not working on a 2017(same as 15). I'll scan it and see what I come up with on Monday if it's the same van I think it is. Most likely a faulty sensor, most of ours get rammed into by forklifts loading and unloading pallets.

I assume if you have one or more defective sensor it could just disable the entire system. I ran into this on a newer silverado. 2 sensors weren't reading properly so it deactivated the system but would remind you it wasn't working each time you started the engine.
[/QUOTE
Thank interesting, mine dose not reset
I solve the forklift issue with a 10 mph bumper in my hitch
Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you find anything?
Cheers Warren

·
Registered
234 Posts
So far I came up with nothing. Hopped in it this morning, fired it up and put it in reverse right away. Park aid beeper went crazy for a few seconds as if I was gonna hit something then it stopped and the park aid disable light turned on(on the button itself).
If I shut it off and waited a few mins and tried again it'd do the same thing at random. One of the sensors was cockeyed and popped out of it's holder but none appeared to be broken or cracked. I couldn't come up with any codes with my scan tool. I think this van was rear ended a while back and the sensors quit working after that. I pulled the bumper off and everything was still plugged in. I assume one sensor is nfg?

I couldn't find an aftermarket sensor at work so I'll probably source on out and then try it in each location and see if it magically starts working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts