NV200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new NV200 with a recon camper conversion. I have been having lots of starter battery issues (2 jumps in the last 3 months). I drive the car once a week, but it seems to drain in a week or less. Anyone else having battery issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recon claims it's not their system....the theory going around the recon forum is that it's draining because I'm leaving my doors unlocked in the garage, and that the cars computer is staying in stand by...I haven't heard of any non-recon folks having a similar problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 GTRV conversion with the same problem. After disconnecting camper electrical from van battery, parasitic draw test shows intermittent 1 amp drain. Pulling fuses resulted in normal draw only when 20A fuse for AUDIO is removed. Nissan is still blaming GTRV, but I have another appointment at Nissan to attempt to fix this chronic issue.

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
I haven't had any battery drain issues on our 2015-2020 Nv's. I've left some in the shop for days at a time with the door unlocked and keys inside with no problems.

I assume that you have dual batteries. One for running the van and the other one isolated(only connected to van battery when engine is running so it can charge). I'd make sure the isolator is wired correctly. If you don't have one then you should have one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, dual. The test was run when the DC to DC charger was disconnected from the van battery, and if the isolator is the wire that runs to the interior fuse box, it was also disconnected. The 20A fuse under the hood marked AUDIO when pulled stops the drain. Until Nissan repairs the problem, I will remove that fuse whenever I park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts