NV200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m debating on buying a nv or a ford transit to turn into a camper van.. I know of some transit issues but I have no ideas of the Nissan nv issues.. wht are some repairsi have to look forward to? Any major issues?
Looking for an older high top nv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
In North America there's the Nv200 which really hasn't changed at all since it's been sold here. It's small fwd 4 cylinder gas job with a cvt. No other drive train options available here. I service 6-8 of them from 2015-2018 model years. The external cvt cooler is mounted low behind the bumper and if you catch a rock just right you'll put a hole in it. It happened to one of ours. Otherwise the sliding door outer handles are garbage and break all the time, the widow weather stripping along the outer lower edge of front door windows falls apart, allowing water to drip onto and into the door handle cables then freezing, allowing door to open then cable sticks and the door won't latch closed. I had one that needed the engine wiring harness replaced after an intermittent throttle problem couldn't be fixed. Sometimes they don't like to start when it's -30, the theft light flashes. Still haven't figured out wtf causes that one. They do start eventually. The tires wear out extremely fast, especially the fronts, must keep rotated every oil change or buy new front tires 2-3 times a year. They are cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Otherwise they're great lol.

Then there's the Nv1500 and 2500 which is basically a fullsize ish van with a pickup truck front end. I believe they come in 2 different roof heights. If that's what you're into this is the wrong forum for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts