NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been looking to purchase an NV200 combi to do a camper conversion. I read that its fine to move seats in the 5 & 7 seat models, however I'm wondering if the disabled access models are fine to convert? Are there any issues with these models, as in the lowered floor, or the extra work done to make it have disabled access. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dooterbang

How ironic I literally posted the same question just a few hours ago.
I am going to look at a disabled access vehicle in the next week or so, I might be able to answer this for you fairly soon.

I did a lot of research about whether to get a van or mpv and found that the mpv is the better option, and in fact disabled access ones are even better as they have the seats ready removed but still have the windows.
If it is to be your only vehicle then getting an mpv (in the Uk at least) means insurance and NCB are simpler.
I am thinking it might be slightly harder to insulate but then you do get all the windows ready and dont have to remove the bulkhead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

thanks for the reply...didn't realize you had as didn't receive any notification!

Did you manage to look at the dis baled vehicles? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I also replied to c0989 about this. I looked at a couple of NV200 which had been converted to disabled vehicles. The problem I found was that because they are seen as 'modified' vehicles. Some insurers are reluctant to cover them, and others charge a premium over a standard vehicle. I decided to spend a little more on a standard mpv and save a not inconsiderable amount of the insurance rather than buy a cheaper (and more available) converted vehicle.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts