NV200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently on campervan conversion insurance and it's costing me an arm and a leg! Anyone got any advice on UK campervan insurance for an NV200 registered with the DVLA as a campervan, and rough ideas of how much to expect to pay.... ie as much as a car? As much as a van? A kidney?! One week to go and it'll be ready...however I might not be able to afford to keep it if the insurance keeps on going up

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get this sorted? Two of my favourites are Greenlight and A Plan. Both do proper camper insurance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks. I've just bought an NV200 camper and collecting next week. Does anyone know if I can add it on to an existing car policy or do I have to get a new policy just to cover the campervan? Also, if my no claims bonus is being 'used' on my car policy, does it mean I don't have no claims bonus to use on the van?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi folks. I've just bought an NV200 camper and collecting next week. Does anyone know if I can add it on to an existing car policy or do I have to get a new policy just to cover the campervan? Also, if my no claims bonus is being 'used' on my car policy, does it mean I don't have no claims bonus to use on the van?
It depends on your insurer, but the big ones (like Admiral) won't necessarily provide the cover you're looking for. When I tried with them (we already have an existing car policy) they were oblivious to the fact we had a *converted* van that was considerably more expensive than the base vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Insuring camper vans is a nightmare. I discovered it's much cheaper if you're already the main driver on another policy. If the camper is your main vehicle (even if you're the named driver elsewhere), it nearly doubles in price. The broker said that most people use camper vans as an occasional second vehicle, which I find hard to believe, as the whole point of a camper is that it's versatile.

I had to put the family car in my name, even though my wife drives it every day. But then my wife wasn't building her no claims. It was one of the factors in selling our camper and buying the NV200 Combi. I'm making that into a camper/day van, but going to try to keep to modifications that either don't need declaring, or are allowable by a "car" insurer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts