NV200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

We have a 2013 NV200 w/155K Km on it, this morning we started the van up- when driving it feels like the tranny is slipping, and the van is in "limp" mode-
We hooked up a scanner on it and we get Error code P0746-
Does anyone have any information on this?
Is the tranny done?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello All,

We have a 2013 NV200 w/155K Km on it, this morning we started the van up- when driving it feels like the tranny is slipping, and the van is in "limp" mode-
We hooked up a scanner on it and we get Error code P0746-
Does anyone have any information on this?
Is the tranny done?
Sorry, I haven't ran into that code before. I assume you have a cvt? If so how's the fluid look, it should be transparent bluish green.
I have replaced a handful of Jatco transmissions. I highly suggest pulling the oilpan and see if there are any metal chunks or pieces of bearing before tossing parts at it. I've had 3 cvt's fail in Mitsubishi's. Every single one had the same input shaft bearing fail contaminating the entire transmission with metal. I did manage to catch one early when it first showed symptoms(wanting to stall while coming to a stop).
I've had one nv200 transmission fail from a rock puncturing the oil cooler that's located down low in the bumper and driver burnt it up.

This forum is pathetically inactive I only check back here a few times a year since most people either don't reply or are just posting about making these into welfare campers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts