NV200 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago, I went on a monthlong trip to Iceland, I rented a smaller campervan and fell in love with the concept. I decided to purchase an NV200 and do a van conversion. A few years later, I completed about 80% of the conversion. I am a backpacker and use the van on my trips and developed a list of criteria that the van needed to have:

1. A space inside that we could comfortably sit for hours in case of bad weather (rain)
2. A sturdy table to play cards on or eat meals
3. Wide enough to hold a full-size bead
4. Adequate storage area
5. Easy access to items
6. Not block any of the window visibility
7. Maintain the ability to load 4-foot-wide items like plywood
8. The ability to remove / empty the van in less than 45 minutes
9. Tie down points for transporting boxes & groceries

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have actually been using this configuration for about a year and a half. The frame is 1" square steel tubing and 3/4" plywood. The ALPHA version was plain 3/4 plywood and regular hinges. I redesigned the seats a couple of times. Once I got the design nailed down, I built the BETA version out of 3/4" red oak veneered plywood and intalled the Bulter hinges for a flat surface. I know that the surfaces are going to get scratched up but red oak plywood does not cost that much and the plywood is a much better grade. I am going to have to install clear anti-slip strips as the surface is too slick and boxes slide around a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.