NV200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are you guys going on the first? I just hit 3k and am thinking of dumping the factory oil.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I recall correctly, the owners manual specifies a 5,000 mile interval. Why change earky?

Grandpa Bruce

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK I'm convinced. I'l change my oil in the next two weeks when I expect to hit 3,000 miles. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mines the 1.5 diesel, I bought it from a Nissan dealer at 1 year old with 2,800 miles on the clock, it had the 12 month service just before I picked it up. I think that would have been the first oil change. I was told that it wouldn't need another oil change for 12 months or 20,000 miles....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally got to use my old ramps. Haven't had a car that was high enough to drive up them in quite a while. Had to put a couple 2x6s about 6 inches long in front of the ramps to clear the bumper cover but it worked great. Walmarts selling 5 qt jugs of Mobil 1 for 22 bucks now. I've had this van about a month and just hit 5000 miles so it got its first oil change today.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I changed my oil this morning with 3120 miles on the odometer. Put Mobile 1 synthetic 5w-30 back in it. Done by my local Nissan dealer. I'm hoping my milage will improve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First Oil Change.
1.5 K9K Euro 5 Diesel Engine
The first or annual service is at 18,000 miles / 12 months after running in the engine for 1000 miles according to the hand book and maintenance record.
My van has only about 3300 miles on the clock but is now due for the first annual service / oil change.
I have bought fully synthetic 5w-30 C4 (low SAPS) oil .
'Ecoren' made by 'Comma' which is recommended for use in the Renault engine and more importantly safe to use in engines with exhaust after-treatment units. This refers to the Diesel particulate filter which burns off most of the soot emissions from the exhaust.
The reference C4 Low SAPS oil is formulated to work with the DPF. and not unduly clog it up.
This is my take on the subject and I feel confident about using this oil (£33.99)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oil filters a beauty to get at....tucked in below water hoses and radiator. What I pig to get at. Did it from above with long long extension bar onto filter removal chain. What a pain.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I changed oil at approx 3100 miles on the odometer. Changed to 5 W - 30, Mobile 1 synthetic. I have refueled 3 times since. I seem to have picked up an additional 2.5 - 3.0 mpg. Averaging a hair under 26 mpg using synthetic oil.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts