NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here so hello!
I have a conversion with a pop top. I want to have a c rail fitted so that I can attach my awning (which currently is attached by straps, so far from ideal), and also wish to attach a canopy when on short trips. I've been told that because the roof slopes at the front the c rail will have to be glued at that section, which i dont like the sound of, and the slope may make it difficult to attach awning?! Im at a loss as to what to do.

·
Registered
2018, Nissan, NV200, Hillside Dalbury
18 Posts
It should really be glued and mechanically attached along its length - the curve doesn't make much difference to that.

I've got a C rail fitted to the side of my NV200 with a pop top - it's attached about 175cm up and is about 195cm long. It was fitted by our converters (Hillside Leisure) and it's both glued and screwed along its length. It's OK but, where it is (vertical and horizontal) the door does snag the tunnel a bit when it's pulled fully open - it could also do with being a bit higher, but that's about as high as you can go with it attached on the side.

I'm actually intending on fitting an awning rail on the roof, covered by the pop top when it's down - however, that's a bit tricky as there's much less space than with, say, a VW. Under the pop top does mean it can be both a bit longer (about 220cm) and also higher (about 190cm).

·
Registered
2018, Nissan, NV200, Hillside Dalbury
18 Posts
This is the like the C channel I currently have fitted. Whereas I have a length of awning rail like this that I've cut to fit under the pop top (with a chunk cut out around the mechanism) but have yet to bend and mount. Bending the latter is going to be tricky as there's more of a curve at the front on the roof - not entirely sure if it's do-able.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for that c128. I feel more confident to get it done now. My current awning situation causes the door to snag too so that doesnt put me off! Take care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts