NV200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first winter with my NV-200. I notice that the drivers side footwell has insufficient heat. I have the air selection set to hot, deflection is set to footwell and supply is set to interior re-circulation. Is this a common problem or should I bring it back to the dealer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is my first winter with my NV-200. I notice that the drivers side footwell has insufficient heat. I have the air selection set to hot, deflection is set to footwell and supply is set to interior re-circulation. Is this a common problem or should I bring it back to the dealer?
These vans are not designed well. It’s normal. It took a 45 minute highway drive for my heater to warm up. I have a 2015. It was blowing Luke warm air the whole time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well at least I'm not the only one. I think the passenger side is getting all the heat. Nice for the passenger, sucks for the driver. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2015 also and although I'm in Florida, I've noticed that the heater is substandard. Not too big a deal for me due to location but I would think it would be very noticeable in those cold northern regions. With temps between 25-30 it takes a good bit of driving to warm up. I've found that keeping the fan speed low seems to help build up the heat quicker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my feet are cold too!

Temps have been below freezing here in Seattle for about a week. I have noticed the same issue with a very cold drivers side footwell. . i have a small 12 volt heating pad the tI use to heat the dogs seat . its now heating my footwell. Her side seems to be warmer anyway. I have found that the entire van warms up faster and warmer (including the footwell! ) when I set the blower on the body or defrost . my passenger footwell is usually full of gear since I have zero extra space /storage in the cockpit.

I use the fresh or a mixed setting usually since I have 6-8 wet dogs in the van. but switching to recirculate does not seem to warm it up any better. I am thinking its a combo of the blower and poor insulation. Im considering putting some reflectix under the floor mat and see if it helps are all but I think its also the sidewalls of the footwell that are cold. this is my first cargo van . I have used stripped out Siennas previously. I am still adapting to the noise and temperature control issues. .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, my van came with cage behind me. I bought a moving blanket and spread it creating a barrier with cargo space. Heat works well now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts