NV200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2020 Nissan NV 200 cargo van that I bought in October 2020, I am having problems with the front tires. The tires that came with the van was for carrying heavy loads, but only got 7100 miles out of them. I put new tires on the front rated at 45,000 miles, got them in May 2021, I got 5000 miles. I delivered mail & my route is 98 percent straight roads, I should get at least 30,000 to 35,000 miles out of them at least. I am taking my van to the dealership & if they find nothing wrong, I am filling with the BBB. The more people that file we can get Nissan to fix the problems. So as for now, I am on my third set of tires and my van only has 11,576 miles & I leave my van at the post office to keep the miles down, that is bull crap!!!! If anyone knows what I need to do to get it fix please help, but mine are the front tires… THANK YOU CONNIE

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hang on...you bought 3 sets of tires for your van, have 11576 miles on it and you didn't think this was worth taking to a dealer until you complained about it on a forum first? Once set of tire #1 started to wear quickly the first thing you should have done is take it in, explain that they're wearing poorly and have the alignment checked.
The vans in our fleet put on about 4000 miles a month and the stock tires last at least 24000 miles, depending on how far I let them go.
So yeah, get the alignment checked before buying tires again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hang on...you bought 3 sets of tires for your van, have 11576 miles on it and you didn't think this was worth taking to a dealer until you complained about it on a forum first? Once set of tire #1 started to wear quickly the first thing you should have done is take it in, explain that they're wearing poorly and have the alignment checked.
The vans in our fleet put on about 4000 miles a month and the stock tires last at least 24000 miles, depending on how far I let them go.
So yeah, get the alignment checked before buying tires again.
I did have the alignment checked when I bought the first set of tires for the front of my van, it was fine. When the new tires I bought wore out at 5000 miles, I had alignment checked and it is fine. So now I am at the dealership today, I have done all this, so here I set at the dealership.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Okay, gotcha. I musta missed that part...Did the same shop check the alignments both times? I have ran into a shop that did a ****ty alignment once. It was checked later the same day in a different town by a different shop. They said it was way out and would wear out the tires. It was taken in the second time cause it pulled bad on the highway.
Took it back to the original alignment shop and they said it was fine on their one machine but compared it to a second one and it showed a different reading.....I don't take anything to that shop anymore.

Hopefully the dealer figures out what's going on. I'd still have to think something is bent and your alignment is way out. There's nothing else that could cause tires to wear that quickly unless you neutral drop everywhere, turn off the traction control and floor it around every corner you see, like to do reverse donuts, do gravel burn outs etc....What else do you think would cause that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, gotcha. I musta missed that part...Did the same shop check the alignments both times? I have ran into a shop that did a ****ty alignment once. It was checked later the same day in a different town by a different shop. They said it was way out and would wear out the tires. It was taken in the second time cause it pulled bad on the highway.
Took it back to the original alignment shop and they said it was fine on their one machine but compared it to a second one and it showed a different reading.....I don't take anything to that shop anymore.

Hopefully the dealer figures out what's going on. I'd still have to think something is bent and your alignment is way out. There's nothing else that could cause tires to wear that quickly unless you neutral drop everywhere, turn off the traction control and floor it around every corner you see, like to do reverse donuts, do gravel burn outs etc....What else do you think would cause that?
Ok, dealership said everything is in alignment. They checked the alignment also and said it is fine. They said if I could bring it in when loaded they could do the alignment with a load on it, but if I drive empty the alignment would be off. So they are saying that when it is loaded, the van is out of alignment, we said so it’s a cargo van to haul cargo but if we haul cargo then I need to buy tire every 5000 miles. He gave me the number to Nissan Corp and I will report this to the BBB. I don’t know what else to do. I am at a loss…

·
Registered
87 Posts
The NV200 has a really basic front suspension. Only the front toe is adjustable.

An alignment should be done with the most common load in the van.

Do you have any pics of the worn tires? If yes, perhaps post them up for us to have a look at.
I hope you are running load range C tires at 48PSI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts