NV200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I recently bought an nv200 1.5dci 2012. After replacing the clutch the gear stick was a bit crunchy when putting the van in gear while stationary but it is ok while driving. The problem I have got is if I put it in 5th gear while stationary. the gear stick gets stuck and I have to turn the engine off to take it out of the gear. I have been told that the gear linkage will need replacing so after spending £160 and replacing it the same thing happened. What're your thoughts? New gearbox? :crying:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you replace the pilot bearing(if it uses one?). It's usually pressed into the flywheel or crankshaft. If it' worn out it'll cause the exact symptoms you explained. I had one pile up in my truck and it took a day or two to figure it out. When I would sit stationary with the clutch pressed while in gear it would try to take off a little bit like I was letting the clutch out. The needle bearing in the pilot bearing were piling up and grabbing the input shaft. I'm terrible at explaining but hope that makes sense.
The only other thing I could think of is if the clutch linkage isn't adjusted properly? Do you have a hydraulic or cable clutch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fummins. Thanks for reply
I have got a hydraulic clutch with no flywheel. I get what you mean mate but it's just the 5th gear and I only know this by accident where I just knocked the gear shifter into the gear by trying to get to my phone holder and it wouldn't go back without turning the engine off. I'm really confused about this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts