Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
That is a lot of van/vehicle for the money.
May I ask who from? (pm if you wish).
Are you doing a camper build? We seem to be meeting on the same threads? :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bristol Street motors in Derby.
Yes I am going to camper van it. Been looking at lots of shows to get ideas. Just waiting for the van to arrive, been waiting two months now because the factory shuts down for all of august and I chose the extra glazing option so none in stock.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok. We were planning on having windows cut in after, but looking the same, but keeping some panels solid.
I would be v v v v keen to keep an eye on what you are doing :)
*IF* we go ahead, we will have it fully insulated; diesel heating; rock n roll bed with loo access; underslung water/waste; hob/grill/sink; wardrobe; gas and leisure battery and solar. No pop top. So a huge demand on a small van.
Its designed in my head :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am thinking along a similar line but using a proplex gas heater and poptop. The glazing option from manufacturer for £150 which gives back windows. Lots of places will fit windows in the sides. Place I am looking at charges £285 for two dyed and fitted.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Propex heaters are cheaper and less maintenance, but use lots of gas - we had it in our (now sold :) ) van. We expect to use van for 1-2 month trips and unless you had refillable gas you'd not have enough. In winter abroad we'd fill up or 6kg LPG every 10 days or so. In the NV I would only want a small gas bottle so have to go diesel heating. Don't want refillable in NV as you need fixed external filler to comply with regs.

Poptop is a tough call too - but we want to use it for more discreet camping but would also have roof-bars for snowboards & solar panel, so we'll not go that route. Could be retro fitted though if we made the wrong call. Used a lot, over winter, it would be cold & damp and get mouldy. Again, everyone is different and will use campers differently.

Interesting about the back window - we only want the NS rear door glazed, the OS not. But if its factory installed do you get rear wipe or heated? If so I'd compromise and have them do that on build.

Anyway, now van sold (yesterday) can think about this plan a bit more :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep. You left it too late. They are only shipping euro 6 engines now hence much more expensive.
Bristol street still have some new euro 5 engine vans for the cheaper price. Most are the acenta but derby has one tekna 110. This was going to be ours but arrived without the optional glazing we asked for. We now have to wait until mid January for a euro 6 van. We only orderd it back in July.
With the glazing option you get the two back windows, heated with wash / wipe as well as a bulkhead window and rear view mirror. Not bad for £150.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe not :)
I put an order in 2 weeks ago, and they assure me its Euro 5 on the Tekna till next summer. Euro 6 on the Acenta but not orderable or priced on the Tekna. BUT - unlike you we are ordering the Tekna 90 not the 110. We're also gone for the rear glazing pack (which we'll tint), protection pack, the folding seat thing, and dark grey. Paid a bit more than you but not much, without options/colour the van was only a couple hundred more than before (though 90 engine out of choice)

I was told if engine is Euro 6 (though told it wont be) it'd be +£3-350 ish.

Should be getting it in March. I've also had confirmation that price is fixed for March pickup

I've not been able to get any quotes for fitting the side glass! They say they'll get back to me, then noting. We'll see what happens when we get the van.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That sounds great. I was told though that they are not shipping any more euro 5 vans. Will be interesting to see what happens.
When you pay for the glazing option you get a choice of clear or tinted glass on the rear windows, I chose tinted.
There are quite a few places that fit side windows. Most charge around £300 for two windows that are dye tinted (better than film). Depends where you live. If you want opening windows in the sliding doors they are considerably more expensive.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We're being told different things.
I was not given a choice over the rear glass, I was told it was always the same, which I believe is bottle green tint? Not privacy anyway.

And there seemed to be a lack of info on Euro 6 too - but they phoned Nissan and checked for me, and said what I posted previously.

I've seen the side windows available, and we'll be having opening privacy ones on the sliding doors, and fixed on the rear quarter, offside on solid panel. But the local guy and a recommended guy from VW world haven't got back. One said his supplier is on holiday so guessing they may use the same guy! Dyed privacy glass.

We'll tint the rear windows to match with film after.

Funny how we are getting told slightly different things from the dealers....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi doh2doh / activecampers

just joined the forum after finding your posts during my NV200 googling :)

I'm very seriously thinking of getting a new NV200.
I want it for leisure use - bikes and camping gear in the back.
Maybe a conversion in a couple of years.
I'm keen to have the extras that the Teckna gives - CC, camera , etc.
But it seems there are none of these around for sale that are a year or so old.
And now that the NV200 has 5 year warranty, buying new seems to make sense. But still got to convince the wife on that one :)

So am very interested to know how youve got on with Bristol St M's.
I'm in Wiltshire so there isnt a BSM nearby. Northampton is closest I think.

I guess its after sales I would be concerned about.
Would a local Nissan dealer pick up any work that needs doing after delivery.

So, any advice, appreciated really.

Cheers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are also Wiltshire and ordered from F J Chalke in Wincanton. SLIGHTLY ,more than Bristol Street, but paid less for the metallic paint than stock, so fractions in it. Nice guys, no sale spin.

The cheap spec, in white, is a bargain. http://www.fjchalke.co.uk/businesscentre/ - that has rear camera
The tekna spec is maybe £1500 more. But, for a campervan, we wanted cc, alloys, aircon, pax airbag etc - so for us worth it.
Still no idea if we are getting euro 5 or 6 - be interesting which us me of Doh2Doh have the correct story! (Though I think we are going different engines - me 90 him 110)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi
Thanks for the pointer to FJ Chalke. I'll give them a call later. Much closer to Wilts than BSM (Im in Wootton Bassett).

BSM told me the prices they have on their website are prices for business purchase, but would see what they can do and are going to come back to me.
Are you guys buying as business or personal?
I'm not sure what, or why, there should be a difference is.

I'm after 110, 6 gears, metalic grey, cc, alloys, rear windows, aircon, pax airbag.
To get all that, is it a case of going for Tekna and paying for the extras?
Or is there a Tekna version with all that inc ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Tekna comes with most of the optional extras available. We are finding that the wait for teknas is much longer. If I wanted a acenta I could have one in a week.
The reason you haven't seen any second hand tekna is because that model hasn't been out long and they don't sell many. Most businesses go for the cheapest available van. The top of the range use to be called the n-tec I think.

Activecampers
I also looked at the sliding windows in the doors but was told they were £150 more for each door so unless you find someone cheaper I will go for fixed glass.

Bristol street have let me borrow an acenta van until mine arrives. Picked it up saturday and I am very impressed with it. It will save me a bit of money not having to tax and insure for a few months.
It is very nippy around town but I do a lot of out of town driving where I find it would be better with the 6th gear of the 110 version.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@manncubdad - You would need to order Tekna + 110 engine upgrade + rear visibility pack + paint. Rest of your list is part of tekna spec
We are private, made it clear we were private, price was fine.

I'm going for a 90 as the turbo is a wastegate rather than VNT; and its 5sp not 6sp. The 90 can be chipped beyond 110 if I find I need more power, but wife prefers lazy 5 speed, and the test drive was fine with 90 - quite happy. It'll be a campervan and not driven that fast.

Totally agree with Doh2Doh - 110/6sp is "better" - but from past experience of higher-tuned diesels with different injectors/pump/VNT vs. simpler less stressed engine made me go for 90! (e.g. Transit 2L 125ps is the best engine; but the injectors/pump/VNT would cost a fortune when wrong. The 100ps engine is a bit rougher, but more people have them, and parts/skills to fix are easier. The 125 is seen as good but possible time bomb. I had the 125ps that was perfect/fine, but I did worry!). I'd say 90%+ of NV200s are 90s - and hence for ease of fture repair - would be easier. Just my view, and I fully accept the 110/6sp is better (when under warrantee lol)

@Doh2Doh - yes - sliding windows are more expensive - but not that much more. Look at VanPimps - £300 for both doors including fitting kit (vs. £120+£30 fitting kit) - so £150 more in total. Fitting should be same price.

As a camper, we will need airflow and hence would get the opening ones.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for all the advice guys.
Really helpful.

Ive been in contact with FJ C. Theyve been really helpful.
I just need to decide on 90 or 110, then see if I can afford / justify ordering this side of xmas.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts