NV200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i have nv200 2015, please see the picture below first to better understand.
the headlight doesn't work properly, i mean the low beam work fine position #1, full headlight work fine also when i push the lever forward.
But high beam doesnt work at all. when i change the lever positon to headlight #2 both front light goes off completly. i mean position number 2 doesnt work at all.
i checked the fuses and are fine. it is strange to me, any help will be appreciated.

-p.-s i am from canada.

Font Rectangle Drawing Line art Automotive design

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd bet money that you just have 2 burnt out headlights(low beam elements). I've seen that happen a lot. One probably burnt out and went unnoticed until the 2nd one died.

Edit: position 1 is park/tail lights. It's not a headlight position. Your headlights aren't suppossed to turn on when you have the switch in the first position. Cars have been this way since I have no idea, forever? At least for everything I've ever used from the 60's and newer. In Canada.

When key is in the run position and parking break is released the DRL will turn on the high or low beams(I forget which, probably the highs).

Try this:
-Turn your headlights on(POSITION 2 NOT 1). Now pull the lever back(LOW BEAM POSITION).
Do the headlights turn on?

-(leaving headlight switch in position 2)Push the lever towards the dash(HIGH BEAM POSITION), blue? high beam indicator should light up on the cluster.
Do both headlights turn on?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought 1new bulb and it work like the last one, i mean sometime turn On sometime Not.

to answer your question now:
position 1 park/tail lights work fine and always, as soon as i turn the lever to position 1, engine on or not, both way work.

i Turn headlights on(POSITION 2 NOT 1). and pulled the lever back, yes the headlight work perfectly and blue light is shown on dash board until i released the lever.

(i leaved the headlight switch in position 2)Push the lever towards the dash, and blue high beam indicator light up on the cluster and bulbs work fine that way also.
problem is Headlight doesnt work ALWAYS on position 2. sometime work sometime not.

i check the small spring in the both bulbs and they are intact(not broken).

i think problem is somewhere in the ground wire or something electric somewhere.
i think i should make a video you will better understand. i will try if i can soon...

·
Registered
249 Posts
So, in not so many words: you have high beams and no low beams.

I assume you're aware that you can't always tell a bulb is burnt out by just looking at it.

It'd obviously be easier and quicker to see what's going on in person than going back and forth about how a basic headlight switch that's been around for decades is supposed to function. I figured most people knew how it works but ever since that "my low tire light on but tire pressures are fine" post I feel I have to go into detail.

So if your low beams work at random is it safe to say your'e headlights are flashing on and off while driving down the road at random then? There are way more questions than answers to your posts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for delay,
since i have change the lights it is not happening again. i will see for a while if it happen again and will come back to you guys,

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good to hear.

I should have mentioned from the start that if one headlight bulb element is burnt out(high beam I believe) then neither DRL will work when headlight switch is in the OFF or Park/Tail light position.

To find the burnt bulb you'd have to actually turn your headlights on, walk around and see if they're both on. And cycle between high and low beam positions, it's really not rocket appliances.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to read the owners manual cover to cover to save you a ton of time fixing things that aren't broken in the future. It may not explain everything but should explain how headlight switches and hopefully DRL work and when they should be on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts