NV200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I've just brought a 65 plate tekna.
It seams that the UK model van does not have heated mirrors.
I got windows in the rear with wiper and heated window .
Which the manual says the rear window switch does the mirrors and there's a fuse in the holder and wires to the mirrors also.
The euro one and the us has them
The uk combI and the env200 has them why not the UK van?
I asked nissan and they were no help at all.
I just wondered what was the missing parts to make them work any ideas.
Thank

·
Registered
190 Posts
No idea - but what makes you think they are not there? If the fuse is there and wires to mirror, then the only thing missing is heated mirror glass. Maybe if you don't the buggers ran out and put normal ones in?

Does the rear window package have the option of privacy glass or is it normal glass?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just checked the brochure, only the combi & eNv200 have heated mirrors - no mention on UK spec van.
Are you sure the fuse and cables are for heater, and not for the electric motors? If so, and the connectors are there in the mirror housing, maybe order some combi heated glass?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 65 plate Lunar Camper Car (NV200 Combi Conversion) has heated door mirrors that work off the same switch as the rear window heater. For me the heated door mirrors do work and clear the mirrors quite well.

I thought the Teckna was a higher specification model than the combi so would have expected it to include the heated mirrors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They don't work I spoke with the dealer who sold me the van and they said if it's not In brochure then it does not have them and they can't be up graded.
I see three wires to the mirror red ,black,green .
I was thinking of popping the mirror off but don't want to break it.
It might be a case of adding just the glass.
Silly or what .
When it rains I can see out of them.
My other cars /truck dry off nice with heat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's can't see out of them lol.
Normal glass in rear.
The parts person said the ecu is not set up for it from the factory so cannot be changed.
On the other note said all the wiring is them same in part numbers as the combI.
Easy way to pop the mirror off with out cracking it any one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just put a meter across the fuse marked for heated mirrors and put the switch on for the rear window.
Engine running also.
Nothing.
Hmm not looking good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the mirror off ok no wires for it and no heated mirror glass.I've seen the glass for sale tho.
I got a ex demo cabstar a few years ago .
The head electric mirrors did not work picking it up.
The engineer found they never got plugged into the loom still taped up.
I added front fogs to.
All the loom plugs in there just added a switch and lamps.
I see a spare plug under the dash on the right side wonderd what color heated mirror wire are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have just bought a Tekna, same as you, expected heated mirrors. Did you ever come up with a way to have any? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts