NV200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As of today - Tuesday, May 21st 2019, this is my very first day in this forum.

I plan on eventually doing the "#Vandwelling" or "Nomadic Life" thing and have spent endless hours dreaming about the perfect vehicle for this next facet of my life. I presently own a 2003 Honda Element but it leaks some oil and I am not sure of its maintenance history. I have thought of converting a Skoolie, an older 15 passenger Dodge Van and for a while I thought that a bread truck/step van would be absolutely perfect.

Just recently, one of the many vandwellers I follow on YouTube purchased a new NV200. He was living (full time) in his Honda Element and wanted to get into something different. In one of his most recent videos he talks at length about why he chose the NV200 over numerous other options. What sold him (and me) to this vehicle is the low purchase amount, great warranty, great fuel mileage, easy to park, easy to drive, great stealth vehicle for city parking and did I already mention the warranty? Also, I can use it as a daily driver if I don't go crazy with solar panels and huge roof fans.

I really hope to gain some insight on this vehicle and can only wish the popularity of the NV gains the same amount of momentum it seems to have in the UK. Have you seen how many mini-camper companies are focused on this vehicle? We seem to only have 2!

Good luck to all

CGRetired

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! I can't imagine living full time, by choice, in an NV200, but people are doing it in smaller vans. Mine is a daily driver, with a 48" wide seat.bed added for weekend trips, and there isn't much room left for "stuff" when the seat is folded out for the night.

If I wanted to go full-time van life, I'd look into a short, diesel step van. Spacious, but LOUD at highway speeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts