NV200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I feel very dumb but I can't figure out the roof mounting system. I have three black spots on either side of my roof that look like I could unscrew with a Phillips to access mounting points, however when I try to turn the black bits they just kind of tear apart where the screwdriver goes.

I was planning on creating a roof rack like in this video:
. I was going to lay a superstrut from front to back on either side but the roof has a curve from front to back so now I'm trying to make a new plan. It would help if I could at least figure out these little black bits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was going to lay a superstrut from front to back on either side but the roof has a curve from front to back so now I'm trying to make a new plan. It would help if I could at least figure out these little black bits.
Adrain Steel has the C channel as part of their ladder rack. When installed it bends, but more importantly it has a weather seal. It’s been a while, but the “black bits” are weather covers for the threaded stud, right? You should see them from the interior ceiling of the cargo space. I thought they pressed into the threaded stud, and can be pushed out from inside.

I have a picture in the forum where I installed Yakima cross bars on top of the C channel.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes they are "waterproof" seals. The nut underneath is an M8. Word of caution though, the sheet metal structure and nut underneath are not waterproof. I mounted a Yakima rack and had to go back and seal the threads with silicone as water just poured through the mounts. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
...I mounted a Yakima rack and had to go back and seal the threads with silicone as water just poured through the mounts. Good luck.
I would be interested to see pictures, did you use the Yakima track? Here is the link to my gallery picture.

I mounted the crossbars on top of the Adrain Steel C-channel using Yakima landing pads. I wish there was more surface contact between the Landing Pad and the C-channel, but it is holding up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What landing pad did you use? Trying to figure out how to add a yakima rack to these same adrian rails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Ranger ladder rack on mine, and the roof rail looks an awful lot like the low profile Unistrut product. I put foam tape between that and my roof, and used silicone on the mounting bolts. You can put an approximate bend in the Unistrut first, and then let the foam and bolts get it close-enough from there. Using Unistrut opens up a whole range of possible hardware and adapters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts