NV200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I feel very dumb but I can't figure out the roof mounting system. I have three black spots on either side of my roof that look like I could unscrew with a Phillips to access mounting points, however when I try to turn the black bits they just kind of tear apart where the screwdriver goes.

I was planning on creating a roof rack like in this video:
. I was going to lay a superstrut from front to back on either side but the roof has a curve from front to back so now I'm trying to make a new plan. It would help if I could at least figure out these little black bits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was going to lay a superstrut from front to back on either side but the roof has a curve from front to back so now I'm trying to make a new plan. It would help if I could at least figure out these little black bits.
Adrain Steel has the C channel as part of their ladder rack. When installed it bends, but more importantly it has a weather seal. It’s been a while, but the “black bits” are weather covers for the threaded stud, right? You should see them from the interior ceiling of the cargo space. I thought they pressed into the threaded stud, and can be pushed out from inside.

I have a picture in the forum where I installed Yakima cross bars on top of the C channel.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes they are "waterproof" seals. The nut underneath is an M8. Word of caution though, the sheet metal structure and nut underneath are not waterproof. I mounted a Yakima rack and had to go back and seal the threads with silicone as water just poured through the mounts. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
...I mounted a Yakima rack and had to go back and seal the threads with silicone as water just poured through the mounts. Good luck.
I would be interested to see pictures, did you use the Yakima track? Here is the link to my gallery picture.

I mounted the crossbars on top of the Adrain Steel C-channel using Yakima landing pads. I wish there was more surface contact between the Landing Pad and the C-channel, but it is holding up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts