NV200 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a much "lower" gear shift that I can replace the original with. I am a mail carrier so I converted the van to RHD. Need the lower, smaller gear shift like yesterday. Any idea's???? Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
What????

Are you trying to say you want to move the shifter from the dash to the floor? Or did you buy a rhd dash and the original shifter doesn't fit now?? There are more questions than answers here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so sorry for the confusion. I installed RHD so now the belt hits the gear shift. I can not adjust the belt or steering wheels anymore. So if I could find a gear shift that wasn't "as tall" as this original, it would be great. but it also has to include that OD button. Sounds impossible but it just can't be!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case, explaining a little further, and not to insult anyone of course. so the original steering wheel stays, we added the RHD kit so the belt operates the steering wheels which now run across and on top of the gear shift knob. So my first thought was the old old type my parents had growing up. The shifter was shaped like un upside down "L" or sometimes a "T". Hope that helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Gotcha, I've only seen one rhd setup like that in an old ford 1 ton garbage truck. It used a chain to link the second wheel and was pretty janky looking lol.

Could you just unbolt the shifter assembly and fab up some brackets to relocate is out of the way? Or could you mount an idler pulley to pull the belt out of the way so it doesn't hit the shifter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H
Gotcha, I've only seen one rhd setup like that in an old ford 1 ton garbage truck. It used a chain to link the second wheel and was pretty janky looking lol.

Could you just unbolt the shifter assembly and fab up some brackets to relocate is out of the way? Or could you mount an idler pulley to pull the belt out of the way so it doesn't hit the shifter?
Hmmm, will need to look into that. Thank you for the ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Gunnerboy is full of it and a spammer...
Sorry you feel that way. I was simply looking for help with my situation. Someone else offered up some recommendations we are looking into. If you aren't familiar with RHD then you wouldn't understand. I'm so thankful my heart is in a good place & I live an honest, good life. I hope you have a great day. Be kind, Be Wise, slow to speech & quick to love.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts