NV200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like those Generals but wonder why they are on "Closeout".

My el-cheapo Kelly Explorer Plus (84T) are brand-new, but hopefully by the time they show signs of wear there will be many more 185/60R15 tires to choose from.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like those Generals but wonder why they are on "Closeout".

My el-cheapo Kelly Explorer Plus (84T) are brand-new, but hopefully by the time they show signs of wear there will be many more 185/60R15 tires to choose from.
Those were the only 2 in that size that had a load rating of 88T. I would go with 84T also, as I am not going to have the van loaded down, but I thought tire places won't install 84T tires due to liability issues, and also does using 84T affect the warranty?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those were the only 2 in that size that had a load rating of 88T. I would go with 84T also, as I am not going to have the van loaded down, but I thought tire places won't install 84T tires due to liability issues, and also does using 84T affect the warranty?
Dunno why replacement tires you put-on might affect the warranty, nor would I expect tire places to refuse to sell to you, though I suppose a Mom & Pop shop might make you sign some sort of waiver if they looked-up the NV200 and compared to your load needs.

In my case I bought my NV200 from a dealer that put-on the 84Ts and thought nothing of it. Didn't (apparently) care about the load rating, and certainly didn't warn me as a buyer that the van as they equipped it was now under-rated.

I got a fine deal on the vehicle and don't intend to load-down the vehicle so didn't bother to go-back and complain to them. No doubt at 20,000 miles that were on the van the OEM tires had worn-out and the new Kellys were put-on to make the thing more attractive to buyers...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno why replacement tires you put-on might affect the warranty, nor would I expect tire places to refuse to sell to you, though I suppose a Mom & Pop shop might make you sign some sort of waiver if they looked-up the NV200 and compared to your load needs.

In my case I bought my NV200 from a dealer that put-on the 84Ts and thought nothing of it. Didn't (apparently) care about the load rating, and certainly didn't warn me as a buyer that the van as they equipped it was now under-rated.

I got a fine deal on the vehicle and don't intend to load-down the vehicle so didn't bother to go-back and complain to them. No doubt at 20,000 miles that were on the van the OEM tires had worn-out and the new Kellys were put-on to make the thing more attractive to buyers...
Cool, thanks for the info. Do your tire pressure sensors work fine with the 84T tires?

I have read, and I asked one place about installing 84T tires and they said that they couldn't do it because it's not listed as the proper tire for the vehicle...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like the tire place you contacted was more responsible than the dealer I bought from!

;)

I couldn't tell ya whether the pressure sensors work fine. All I know is that there is no alert, and assume they aren't smart enough to know 84T from whatever; they only sense pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts