NV200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't used mine on a day to day basis as it is a back up van. So far, I've got 4900 miles since purchase in December.

No reliability issues or other costs yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
14000 miles in 10 months of ownership (25000 from new). Driven daily

100% reliable so far. Not so much as a blown bulb. Serviced at 11000 miles, and new tyres at 21000 miles. Reckon I've got a good un'

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought mine Dec. 26th, 2013 and have 19,000 miles on it. Only issues are how easy7 the wheels dent in potholes and my windshield cracked because of a pothole.
Miles will not add on so fast until Fall. I travel constantly for my job but I can use the motorcycle full time now.
JB

·
Registered
10 Posts
29.500 mls. on the clock. Gear changing is now somewhat notchy. I have greased the linkage top and bottom. This improved the gear change a little but it is still not a smooth action.
Tyre wear appears to be a problem on these vans. My van had a new set at 23.000 mls.
A friend has a six month old van that is already showing excessive tyre wear.
Comparing it with my last small van, a Toyota, it achieved over 60.000mls on it first set.
Larger wheels and tyres may be the solution.
It would certainly help with the pot hole problem on UK roads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought used with 10000 miles on it - now has 22000 miles on the clock. It was fine when I bought it but now, a couple of years later, the heater blower resistor has failed, and more importantly the gearbox has become very crunchy and notchy indeed.
As I am a low mileage, experienced and careful driver I find this really disturbing - I have had many cars and vans over the years and only had gearbox issues with one before, and that was a very old Morris Marina (it was a known problem on them 2nd and reverse synchro).

·
Registered
44 Posts
19k miles. Pass seat airbag switch under warranty around 5 k. Right side cargo door latch replaced under warranty around 8 k. The rearward latch inside door had plastic cover come off metal hook keeping it from pivoting onto striker and was binding keeping door from opening. Horn replaced under warranty at around 8k. Just stopped working.
Just found out rear axle out of spec and destroying tires. Did a whole new post about that. Nissan has new axle part # so they know about issue internally.
Aside from those issues its been an excellent van.

·
Registered
41 Posts
10,700 miles thus far. Purchased 1 April 2014. Approx 16 months ago. No issues thus far. I am recently noticing my Sirius radio mometarily blanks out. Getting more frequent with no obvious reasons such as overhead obstuctions. Sometimes even when vehicle is stopped. Tire wear does not seem to be an issue yet, but the fronts are wearing more than the rear. I need to replace windshield (wind screen to some of you) wipers. A couple of days ago ny low tire pressure warning appeared. I checked tires and all were about 40 psi. I topped all 4 to about 47-48 and light now off. The low tire pressure warning setpoint seems to be to be too close to normal pressures, should be set lower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
128000 miles, and then this!!
Crumple zone and airbag saved my butt.
A dumb kid pulled out of a parking lot and went head into me, 30mph impact. Tires always wore quick, never more than 25k out of any set. But overall, very happy with it. Thinking of getting Metris cargo van now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably going to get another nv200sv. It was good to me. No mechanical issues other than excessive tire wear.
Yes, thanks. Safety features worked great!

·
Registered
94 Posts
128000 miles, and then this!!
Crumple zone and airbag saved my butt.
A dumb kid pulled out of a parking lot and went head into me, 30mph impact. Tires always wore quick, never more than 25k out of any set. But overall, very happy with it. Thinking of getting Metris cargo van now.
Wow that sucks! Glad you're alright. We had some retard pull infront of one of our Gmc savana vans on the highway in December. Our driver hit this f150 while going 70mph. They had to cut the driver out but he was good to go the next day. It had 816,000kms/507,000miles it.

Our highest mileage NV200 is a 2018 with 203,000km/123,000miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts