NV200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2017 SV with 75K miles. My drivers seat is breaking down and getting mushy. its killing my low back. I found OEM foam for the drivers seat for $235 from the dealer. I am happy to buy it rather than try to reshape or patch.

I've reupholstered seats before - but never in anything with sensors or air bags.

How do I remove the drivers seat cushion? Do I need to remove the entire seat from the van? Do I need to disconnect the battery so those airbags or sensors are happy? if anyone has a link to a video of this , I would be grateful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2017 SV with 75K miles. My drivers seat is breaking down and getting mushy. its killing my low back. I found OEM foam for the drivers seat for $235 from the dealer. I am happy to buy it rather than try to reshape or patch.

I've reupholstered seats before - but never in anything with sensors or air bags.

How do I remove the drivers seat cushion? Do I need to remove the entire seat from the van? Do I need to disconnect the battery so those airbags or sensors are happy? if anyone has a link to a video of this , I would be grateful.

don’t bother my friend. First ask yourself, “Where’s the Win?” By that I mean, you spend $500 parts and labor to fix a park bench wrapped in washcloth. Do what I did… I spend 12-15 hours/ week driving and quickly realized that those seats are possibly the worst seats I’ve ever had. I found someone selling a pair of 20-way adjustable power luxury Seats out of an M5 BMW. I removed the factory sliders from the factory seat and made two adapter rails to adapt the factory rails to the BMW seat’s rails. The height ended up being perfect, and I can use the factory manual slider to move the seat forward to gain access to stuff behind the seats. Let me know if you want more info, but it absolutely changed my life (or at least the life of my Back!) I ended up paying $400 for the pair of black leather seats in excellent condition.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tempting. sounds comfy.

park bench wrapped in washcloth is about right.

I was all ready to just order the $200 foam and install it . BUT .......it turns out I that the seat is covered by warranty and the dealer just ordered a whole new seat. Admittedly it will be another park bench wrapped in washcloth. But its free.. If the van lasts another 70K (not holding my breath) , this seat too will break down and I will put in something nicer. now I am off to the physical therapist for my back. 120 miles a day in the his thing for 3 years has been very hard on my body. I should have stuck with the Sienna .

·
Registered
3 Posts
tempting. sounds comfy.

park bench wrapped in washcloth is about right.

I was all ready to just order the $200 foam and install it . BUT .......it turns out I that the seat is covered by warranty and the dealer just ordered a whole new seat. Admittedly it will be another park bench wrapped in washcloth. But its free.. If the van lasts another 70K (not holding my breath) , this seat too will break down and I will put in something nicer. now I am off to the physical therapist for my back. 120 miles a day in the his thing for 3 years has been very hard on my body. I should have stuck with the Sienna .
while You didn’t say SIENNA!?! Let me say- I was offered a very low-cost rental on a Brand New Full Boat Sienna for a spring break trip from FL to NYC when my special-order 4Runner was delayed on delivery… I am now a 💯 Shameless, non-closeted minivan lover- Even though I have no young children whatsoever, I am quite secure in my manhood to say I would rock one with no remorse… and cruising at 115 with 7 people in the car plus luggage feels like riding a roller skate with a rocket strapped to it. I would SO rock an AWD one with some Rallye upgrades… Oh Lord don’t let me win the Lotto!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts