NV200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing the camper but not sure about the power of the 4 cylinder motors. Can anyone share pros/cons of these vans going up high passes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live drive in some pretty serious high elevations and it’s no problem. There is highway from here down to the coast that has a high speed limit and I can do 120+ KPH and maintain it easily. That is with about 300 to 350 lbs of equipment in the back and two people. That is with the stock tires. I want to put on larger tires, but am worried about losing power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm considering purchasing the camper but not sure about the power of the 4 cylinder motors. Can anyone share pros/cons of these vans going up high passes?
I've driven over the Sierras, over Donner Pass, etc. with a kayak on top. It's not a Porsche, but you're not going to hold up traffic. On heavy grades, it's often at 5K RPM to hold 70MPH, but I'm usually happy to let it go down to 60mph on a big hill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've driven over the Sierras, over Donner Pass, etc. with a kayak on top. It's not a Porsche, but you're not going to hold up traffic. On heavy grades, it's often at 5K RPM to hold 70MPH, but I'm usually happy to let it go down to 60mph on a big hill.
Hi Darby, what tires are you running? I remember you put some nice ones on last year. Are you happy with the size?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts