NV200 Forum banner

HVAC Problems-temp control

23K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  joeydillon.45 
I have had a 2016 and a 2017 with this exact same problem. With all the linkages disconnected the blend door gear/shaft has a stiff spot about dead center and seems to be harder to move to the hot position than the cold. The end of the blend door(shaft/gear) turns relatively easy by hand with just a slight hard spot in the center.

I've been manually swapping these things between hot and cold and now the boss wants it fixed properly to keep the drivers happy. We only have a few months of nice(hot) weather then the rest is cool enough that heat is a nice thing.

I want to go the choke cable route but I don't think the boss would go for that quite yet.

I wonder why Nissan used a twisted multi-strand cable instead of a solid one that'd probably be more suitable for a push/pull application?

We have some Mitsubishi cars that use solid cable controls, I may try to rob a cable from my parts stash and try one an Nv200.

Edit: I just found this video
Great idea Fummins!! Any way you can update when you’ve tried the rod. I’m faced with the same issue on my 2017 …ugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.