NV200 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
All the screws?If you do have all the screws removed along the top edge where it latches and along the bottom it should just pull right out iirc. I don't recall having to remove the glovebox door, it came off with the glovebox assembly as one piece. Just give it a good yank straight away from the dash.
Then I think theres a metal brace that has to be removed to get to the blower motor, then one philips screw holds it in then rotate the motor clockwise to release it and pull out.
I've got to change a blower resistor next week, if you can't figure it out I'll do step by step for you for both.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I guess it's easier when it's not your vehicle lol.
If you can wait til Monday morning I'll tear one apart and post pics or a better explanation of how to remove it. I'm 99.9% sure if you have the upper and lower screws all removed then it should come off with a few good yanks in the right places.
I'd do it now but all our vans are on the road today.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just found this vijeo
. I have no idea what the guy says, my speakers don't work. You should at least get an idea of what it looks like with out the glove box in place. I'm sure you don't need to pull the glove box door to get to the lower screws, just close it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found this vijeo
. I have no idea what the guy says, my speakers don't work. You should at least get an idea of what it looks like with out the glove box in place. I'm sure you don't need to pull the glove box door to get to the lower screws, just close it.
Yes I've seen that video as well. Unfortunately it's in Spanish. And he has the glove box removed already so I'll wait till Monday and see what you find.
TThanks again.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes I've seen that video as well. Unfortunately it's in Spanish. And he has the glove box removed already so I'll wait till Monday and see what you find.
TThanks again.
Okay, there's the 8 screws(4 top 4 bottom), then it just pulls straight away from the dash. There's a bunch of clips holding it. Give it a firm tug. Don't twist it sideways or anything. The one I just removed came out pretty easy. I'll post pics a little later.
Once the glove box is out of the way there's a little module in the way that's held on with a phillips screw. Once that's out of the way you can see the motor. On the upper rh side of the motor(if looking straight on) there's on silver phillips head screw holding the motor in place. Remove it.. Then twist the motor clockwise(feels wrong but it's right). Then it'll pull straight out. The wires plug directly into the motor on the oem ones, aftermarket have a pigtail. I just tried two new motors in a row right off the shelf and both were noisy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts