NV200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depends whether you are wanting portable or a permanent fixture.
Most of those portable smokers are actually cookers because the smoke is hot. I reckon the best and proper smoke should be cold.
The best smokers I have seen are dug into sloping ground or an earth bank, with the wood fire at the bottom, and the fish hanging in a box at the top, the two being separated by a trench filled the river boulders and covered over. The rocks cool the smoke as it passes through. The rock filled trench being about 3 metres long by 300mm square. That's my tuppence worth. The most popular smoking wood here in NZ is Manuka - the same flower that Manuka honey comes from. Our new NV200 is great, but we are struggling to understand some of the display gimmicks on the dashboard.
Good luck
Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
I want to give a gift to my husband, he loves cooking grill and barbecue, so I think he will be glad to the new smoker. But I don't know how to pick a good one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I want to give a gift to my husband, he loves cooking grill and barbecue, so I think he will be glad to the new smoker. But I don't know how to pick a good one.
If you need to choose the smoker as a gift for your husband, then, if I would be in your place, at first read different articles with tips and guides on choosing such devices for cooking. A few months ago I found one portal about smokers, where you can find all the information you need, reviews of different models and brands of smoker that will help you to choose really good smoker for cooking delicious food and not waste your money on an expensive and useless, low-quality smoker, where smoking meat or other food will be inconvenient. I think that in the Buy Electric Smokers article you can find an honest description of popular models and based on their advantages and disadvantages, you can make the best choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts