NV200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to just install one of those box roof vents on my NV200 until I saw it had a ribbed roof. Does anyone else know of a way I can get some ventilation in the vehicle?

I have been looking for a small roof box, as opposed to the big 14" x 14" ones, but I havent found one so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't finished this project yet but I purchased a Ventline Vanair vent (http://www.etrailer.com/Enclosed-Trailer-Parts/Ventline/VP-543SP.html). It needs a 6 1/4" hole in the roof. My plan is it install 1 in the rear of the van with a PWM velocity controller. If there isn't enough airflow, I was looking at upgrading the motor to a rare earth magnet motor for more torque. Worst case, I would consider installing two if these units. That's the plan anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't finished this project yet but I purchased a Ventline Vanair vent (http://www.etrailer.com/Enclosed-Trailer-Parts/Ventline/VP-543SP.html). It needs a 6 1/4" hole in the roof. My plan is it install 1 in the rear of the van with a PWM velocity controller. If there isn't enough airflow, I was looking at upgrading the motor to a rare earth magnet motor for more torque. Worst case, I would consider installing two if these units. That's the plan anyway.
I am not sure you plan to install it. It does not look like it will fit. It needs about 8.5" of flat area on top of the roof, and the groves in the roof are closer than that. How do you plan to get around this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI I got a Fiamma vent 28 roof vent fitted .Its the ideal size for fitting between the interior crossmembers and you just fill any exterior gaps wit extra sikaflex.

·
Registered
21 Posts
All vents will have the same problem as roofs are not flat and have dips. This goes for the 14" by 14" fans as well. My plan is to locate the fan on the center of a rib (~4" across). I am pretty good with forming metal and I am thinking of forming a vertical lip (up to 0.1") around the opening. This won't form a seal but will help limit water from leaking inside. From there, I would be relying on butyl putty sheets to create a seal (trimmed to to the mount diameter) and exterior sealed with silicone rubber. I am also thinking of shaping a wooden ring that matches the interior rib profile. That way when I tighten the Ventaline screws it will be against a firm backing and not relying on the sheet metal. That is my thinking at the moment, I'll practice the idea on some test parts before I commit to cutting the hole in the roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts