NV200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure I am not the first to ask this, but just wanted to see if anyone has ever had luck importing this style to the states, or has been able to get their hands on one second hand somehow. We are looking to get our first NV soon, but we just can't get over how much better the shortened length and the windows of the euro style looks compared to the American style. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an NV200 from the states it has 40,000 miles when the problems started . I bought it brand new from Clay Nissan in Newton, MA . I can’t imagine what problems you would have with warranty as I bought mine new in the US and was traveling across the country to get married and start a new life. I’d be driving 70mph in NY city when all of a sudden the van would drop to 35 mph in the middle of freeway driving . This happened at least 10 - 15 times I was put in incredible danger and every nissan service center from NY to Chicago told me there was nothing wrong with my car they couldn’t find any codes and sent me on my way for more harrowing endeavors to get to my fiancée in WI. To make a long story short I had all the right warranty info but no one would help me. It turned out the transmission was cooking and there are no sensors to warn a person the transmission is cooking (Design flaw: no sensors on the trasmission) It was supposed to be a 3 day trip from Boston to Green Bay , Wi and it took over a week, I’m extremely hot weather. After tOwing it to Green Bay someone finally helped me. The Nissan dealer took another 3 weeks to repair and they finally replaced the transmission. When they finally replaced the transmission I made it 50 miles until it started that drop in speed to 35mph. I decided to tow it to Milwaukee, WI. I am a carpenter by trade and was late on some projects I needed to start in Boulder, CO . So I decided I should rent a moving truck to bring my tools to CO. As the last service took 3 weeks . When they finally diagnosed the problem right they found it was the fuel pump. I flew back to Milwaukee 2 weeks later and drove the van from Milwaukee to boulder Colorado accruing another $600 +\- dollars out of pocket (Hotel and gasoline) What is even more horrific than the service centers poor representation of Nissan across the country . Is their consumer affairs dept . I spent a large amount of money on hotels , towing rental truck, and flights to pick up my vehicle . Nissan says they will reimburse any expenses accrued over the travel interruption. I have sent receipts, bank statements , travel logs service records over 4 times and have received zero feedback . My recommendation to you and all you other tradesmen and women is to avoid Nissan products like the plague. The van has 50,000 miles on it and I just had the transmission lines blow off the unit after a new transmission. While they did fix it for free , it doesn’t make up for all of the out of pocket expenses I accrued as well as lost business because I wasn’t able to start my jobs when I agreed to start them. One more thing the weight capacity is BS . It should have never been marketed to any tradespeople . Maybe flower delivery at best . And the vehicle is slow as molasses in the mountains completely empty. Wish you well . Feel free to correspond with me . [email protected].

1 - 2 of 2 Posts