NV200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really looking forward to buying a Nissan NV200. Before I do, I just need to make sure I can acquire a ladder rack will allow me to get into my garage.

Does anyone out there have ladders on a rack and still stay under 7 feet total height?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this ladder rack from ebay Universal Van Ladder Roof Racks Adjustable 3 Cross Bar 500Lb Cargo Carrier Rack and get in my garage with no room to spare
Thanks for info. I saw that those fixed style bars were probably my best bet. I ended up deciding against it, partially because I used to have a pickup. I got used to loading my ladders (used every work day as a window cleaner) from the back on rack with a roller bar. A couple companies have racks for the NV200 that operate like this, but finding the dimensions were near impossible, and the couple I called on were going to be too tall.
I ended up ordering a Kargo Master Camp and Lock (aluminum version) and have given up on fitting on my garage (or parking garages). But I look forward to installing it, and hoping to find the ease of loading and securing to be all that I hoped for.

If by some miracle I can fit in my garage, I will update here. But I think I already got the dimensions during my shopping phase, and I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am really looking forward to buying a Nissan NV200. Before I do, I just need to make sure I can acquire a ladder rack will allow me to get into my garage.

Does anyone out there have ladders on a rack and still stay under 7 feet total height?
Hey there, I have Van Tech crossbars and with the 15 inch wheels the racks sit at around 6' 4". You will have to add the height of the tallest point on the folded ladder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up buying a 2019 NV200 and installing the rack I mentioned earlier.
Well, it fits! The rack is Kargo Master Clamp & Lock. The highest point is at the "horns" on each side that assist with loading and unloading. They measure about 6'11" from the ground. If they were a problem, I imagine they could be cut a little shorter (an inch or maybe 2, but then you'd be hitting other things on the rack).

I also installed LED strip lights in the cargo area:

And then I put in a small DC/AC inverter. I think all I need now is some shelving, since my floor is completely full of my gear. And if I could find a more rubbery mat for the floor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts