NV200 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello,
i have 2015 nv200. i just bought sealightH13 LED Headlight Bulbs, after intallstion, only high beam work but not low beam at all, i tried the hallogene and they work low and high,
does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Probably related to modern car control systems -canbus, bcm etc... although they tell you they're' straight fit' many amazon products might not be - it's a sales platform. I've read on here or on fbook that owners who've 'LED'd their front or rears have had problems and had to add resistors in etc...Also, LED bulbs, in a headlamp not designed for them, don't show the correct beam pattern and on 'dipped' can still dazzle oncoming traffic. Here in the UK it's such a problem that the annual MOT test has been revised to check for LED bulbs fitted to non-LED fittings and FAIL the vehicle if so fitted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i contacted the company and they reply this
''Thanks for your message.
According to the issue, there is a high probability of a decoding problem. You may need the Canbus resistors to fix this, we are willing to send the resistors to you separately.''

i hope they will send one and will see if this solve the issue.
you are right on pattern thing, the high beam show the sign right left, i think this led bulb is not design for nv200.
do you guys know which led is designed for nv200 2015 automatic?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i contacted the company and they reply this
''Thanks for your message.
According to the issue, there is a high probability of a decoding problem. You may need the Canbus resistors to fix this, we are willing to send the resistors to you separately.''

i hope they will send one and will see if this solve the issue.
you are right on pattern thing, the high beam show the sign right left, i think this led bulb is not design for nv200.
do you guys know which led is designed for nv200 2015 automatic?
The correct led will be the ones Nissan fitted - if they're not led designed headlights, the beam pattern will be wrong if you put led bulbs in where a halogen should be. I guess (but don't know this) the ev headlights might be led bulbed, with the lens/reflector etc designed with that in mind. If you have 'standard' headlights and fit led, while you might get around 'canbus' you wont correctly fix the beam pattern...

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Meh...I installed led bulbs in my truck that was built before led headlights were a thing. They work fine. Way brighter than stock and I've never been flashed by others. And surprisingly I didn't have any canbus errors. They were just cheap amazon bulbs.

I haven't tried Led's in an NV. I see reviews on the link you posted for other newerish Nissans that seemed to work fine.

Beam pattern is hit or miss. I've seen people try to use led bulbs in a projector housing designed for Hid's with horrible results. Why they did this I have no clue.
Regardless, every car I've installed led bulbs (that had halogen housings) in worked perfectly fine and I haven't heard any complaints. But they were mostly single element bulbs(separate high and low beams) except for my truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tried two canbus from different brand and it didn't help at all.
so i have removed the led and put back the hid, and facing new problem now.
DRL stop woking completly. low and high beam work well with hid. but no drl at all.
anyone can help? thanks

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Once again, you lost me.... You removed your working halogen bulbs, installed some amazon led bulbs and only had high beams, and now you installed hid's? Or do you mean the stock halogen bulbs? They are two completely different things.

And by drl quit working, you mean when it's running and the headlight switch is off, and e-brake is released your headlights(drl) do not turn on? I've only seen both drl quit working when 1 bulb is burnt out(high or low, I forget). But we've been through this already and you realized you had a burnt out bulb didn't you?

So to be perfectly clear, this is how the hi-low beam switch works:
Push it all the way towards the dash=high beam
Pull it back one click and let it go=low beam
Pull it back all the way and hold it there=high and low beam aka flash to pass
Drl come on with engine running, e-brake/park brake off,headlight switch off. When one bulb is burnt both will not turn on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I m from Asia living in Montreal, not enough good in English.

1-) Actually I removed led bulbs forever because the day running light (DRL) doesn’t work with them. So we can forget them. We are not going to talk about them now.

2-) Right now I have installed back original hid bulb. But the problem is, DRL is not working, Low and high beam work fine with theses hid bulbs. So we are not going to talk about low/high beam.

3-) For me, DRL is the light which turn ON automatically with engine starting. Or turning the parking light ON.

4-) So it should be little more clear now, my issue is concerning the Day Running Light. Which doesn’t come ON with engine starting, Before it was not the case.

5-) We have 2 nissan nv200 vehicle so i exchange the hid bulb to see if bulbs are burnt. but they work fine with other vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
I just had one of these in the shop, it looks to me like the drl uses the high beam elements with lower voltage. Where the voltage drop occurs I dunno. It's possible there is a seperate fuse just to power the drl circuit. I know old b2200's had a drl fuse that was pretty common to blow. Maybe you screwed something up trying to jerry rig some resistors/can buss things.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I m late.
Actually I order a decoder from the same company who sold me led bulbs.
So I tried theses decoder and I still don’t get Day Runnig Light.
low and high beam work fine.
So my problem is DRL.
If anyone have a idea how to solve the issue please let me know I am very serious to get back DRL. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry I m late.
Actually I order a decoder from the same company who sold me led bulbs.
So I tried theses decoder and I still don’t get Day Runnig Light.
low and high beam work fine.
So my problem is DRL.
If anyone have a idea how to solve the issue please let me know I am very serious to get back DRL. Thanks
I don't know if the 2019 daytime running lights (Canada version) will assist you. The 2015 can bus system maybe different.
Here's a PDF of the circuit.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the PDF of the circuit. but unfortuanly i am not good in electric things. i am looking for simple solution things... like plug and play

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I contacted the led manufacturer and they replied this:

May I ask if your headlights and DRL are shared the same bulbs?
If so, our resistors can't fix the DRL issue.

As your vehicle's headlight bulb is shared with your DRL, the working voltage of DRL is 6-9V, the headlight is 12V, the voltage is different, it is too powerful to light up in DRL mode.
I'm sorry that we don't have any decoder that would work for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not an expert on the issue of replacing light bulbs. But I have a guess. Perhaps the LED bulbs need to be connected to the car in a different way. Then the car will perceive this LED bulb as an original device, and the bulb will be able to work in all modes. I always buy this bulb for car headlights Vont Smart Bulb Color. But I must admit that after buying my car, I dealt only with LED bulbs, not halogen ones. That is, all I do when replacing an old light bulb with a new one is stick it out of the cartridge and screw in a new one. I think after a halogen bulb, the principle of replacement changes a little, you know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts