NV200 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I concur with that black van, I can easily get into the fifties on a steady run of
20 miles or so, but I'll take the low forties in & out of town.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 NV200 here in the USA that has the 2.0 engine and the CVT transmission. After having a Ford Ranger that got 17 MPG, I was excited to get a vehicle that was rated for 25 MPG, only to find that it consistently achieves 28 MPG. That's combined MPG. I use the van for business so it's loaded down with stuff, but it drives really well.

I just hope it drives well in the snow...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 2014 NV200 here in the USA that has the 2.0 engine and the CVT transmission. After having a Ford Ranger that got 17 MPG, I was excited to get a vehicle that was rated for 25 MPG, only to find that it consistently achieves 28 MPG. That's combined MPG. I use the van for business so it's loaded down with stuff, but it drives really well.

I just hope it drives well in the snow...

You must be driving downhill! Just the ladder bars on the roof unloaded will yield me a maximum of 23mpg. Throw on a 6 footer and the van gets 22mpg at best. Our highway speeds are 65.

·
Registered
11 Posts
MPG on Lunar camper car

Hi,
I've only done about 1000 miles so far but the aveage mpg is 41.8 (1.5 diesel engine) It was registered new in November (64 plate) so probably has the DPF. The Lunar spec says that the max user payload is 345Kg so there must be quite a bit of weight added in the fitted furniture, fridge, sink & cooker. The tyres are 175/70/R14C according to the brochure. The dealer had them all set at 30psi but the plate indicated that 35psi was needed so Ive put them all up to that. Hope this will improve the mpg. compared to two different satnavs the in vehical speedo reads 4mph high at 60mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@ 1.500 Miles

Hi all Mike here in Dallas,TX
We have a S 2.0 gas model that stays empty except for a wheel chair we carry with us full time so our load is light , from day 1 our milage was around 24 mpg then after the first 500 miles we got 26.4 then after I changed the stock air filter to a K&N filter we got 26.8 then for about a thousand miles it would flop back and fourth from 26.5 to 26.8 even in the snow and rain no more no less no change till most recently I have installed a stearing wheel ball from my truck driving days and almost right away I'm at 27.0 , I'm not sure the wheel ball is helping with smoothing out my turns from hand over hand but seems to be working . Most of my speeds seem to be around 60 mph . I'm wanting to change the stock muffler to a more open flow to improve more milage on the back end any ideas .

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a non DPF its driven all over the UK Motorways local roads etc carries a great load sometimes empty 42-44mpg most of the time.

Serviced very frequently probably too much however i like to know the oil good not tortured!

I did have a BMW Diesel with a DPF and removing that thing what a difference it makes just be sure to have it mapped off the ECU too so i would recommend DPF NV200 Owners to remove the DPFs and go for a straight pipe you will notice an incredible difference power, mpg and responsiveness!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone ever looking into "tuning" or "Chip Tuning" in order to get better gas mileage? I am not really familiar with all of it. but I am getting an average of 22mpg with the 2.0. it's honestly a bit disheartening that with an empty tiny can.. it being a 2017 that, that is the gas mileage it is getting.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts